Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2015, 07:36 AM

59 posts, read 54,002 times

Advertisements

Dear Friends,

I just moved in from Europe. I live noth dallas, near legacy drive (zip code 75252). I have a 2years and a half boy and I would like him to go to preschool few days a week. For the moment it's not necessary to have him in school everyday because my wife is not working but rather to give him the possibility to spend time with other children, play, socialize.

Can you please suggest some options? A good school? soem good compromise between quality and cost?

Also, if you have suggestions on other places we can bring him during weekends so that he can play with children it will be nice.

thank you all and have great holidays.

Felice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 01:20 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,694,786 times
Klyde Warren Park downtown has a great play area. I don't know about schools, sorry. You can look on Yelp as they rate just about everything and start near your location. The Stonebriar Mall has an indoor play area for Littles and they mix together

Old 12-25-2015, 06:57 PM

71 posts, read 78,376 times
If you can drive to Fort Worth, check out The Happy Lark. They have an indoor playspace. Parents stay with the child. They have a website, Facebook page and Instagram if you are looking for info.

Old 12-26-2015, 10:47 AM

781 posts, read 1,209,065 times
I'm sorry I dont have a specific suggestion and surprised others more familiar than I am with Norh dallas and plano have not chimed in. You definitely do not need to drive to downtown Dallas or Fort Worth to find a preschool or a place for your child to play and socialize.

Many churches have preschools, and they are often among the most affordable options. Many preschool classes are full each year, so it might be challenging to find a preschool you can just enroll in right away. You never know...we got lucky and enrolled mid-year once. Many schools are accepting Applications now for next school year (starting Aug/Sept 2016), and application deadlines for different schools vary but often are in January.

You could also enroll him in a tumbling or other class at a Little Gym, My Gym, Kid Mania, Music Together, Kindermusik, YMCA or other similar kids activity center. There are dozens to choose from in and around north Dallas and Plano. Hopefully someone will post more specific recommendations but those are at least a few places to consider. Good luck!

Last edited by JTC Mom; 12-26-2015 at 11:05 AM..

Old 12-26-2015, 12:04 PM

34 posts, read 52,325 times
I agree, Mother's Day Out programs at churches are a good, affordable option. Here are a couple of suggestions, but I'm not sure how far either are from your home. My child went to Prestonwood. Very nurturing environment and caring staff. I have friends who went to St. Andrew's, and they had wonderful things to say.

CLC at Prestonwood Baptist Church

About CWP | St. Andrew United Methodist Church

Also here's a list I found online.
Plano Mothers Day Out

Plano has a ton of parks where your child can interact with other kids. One of my favorites is Arbor Hills Nature Preserve. Also, Hope Park in Frisco is a fun outing. There are separate play areas for toddlers and big kids. Storytime at the library is another good place to check out.
http://www.plano.gov/DocumentCenter/View/13559

Old 12-26-2015, 01:03 PM

262 posts, read 562,700 times
Programs at the library and the Recreation centers were my go to when the kids were younger. I'd suggest looking at Parr Library, Haggard Library and Renner Frankford library. Tom Muhlenbeck Center has a variety of classes for preschoolers. Liberty Rec Center and Campbell Green Rec Center are also close to your zip code. I agree with looking at the various MDO programs, they may be full for this year but registration for the fall usually begins in January.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:09 PM

88 posts, read 126,713 times
Wherever you decide to live within DFW area, drive around or google local libraries, recreation centers, mommy and me groups, church preschools etc to find dozens of choices. Local districts also offer free and affordable preschool programs through early childhood schools and training preschools within high schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas