Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 04:58 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,760,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan#1 View Post
I grew up in south Irving and think otherwise. The southern portion isn't nearly as nice as Las Colinas/Valley Ranch area, but it's still nice none the less. Irving is also redeveloping very nicely. There is a project slated for the Historic downtown that will make the area very attractive. It will surpass 500 acres and make it very pedestrian friendly. The Texas stadium site will also be redeveloped next year into an extension of the already growing Las Colinas business district. The city is also combatting crummy landlords and is aggresively focusing on the redevelopment of aging apartments.
I agree, there are some great projects in the works for Irving that are discussed at length in the dallasmetropolis suburban forum.

Nice pics, too, thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 06:25 PM

35 posts, read 106,431 times
We have an opportunity to move to Dallas. I would work in downtown Dallas and my wife (who travels about 50-60% of the the time via airline) would work out of a home office when she's not on the road. Our kids are in college so school districts don't have the importance they once did. And I don't want the long commute (over 30 minutes). We are looking in the $350K range. Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:27 PM

11 posts, read 12,642 times
I think that's a nice area, and it's close to SouthLake, which in my opinion is the best and newer area of the city

Take care!

Moderator cut: advertising is not allowed

Last edited by da jammer; 02-11-2008 at 07:42 PM..

Old 02-13-2008, 09:20 PM

6 posts, read 79,445 times
Texan #1, those are beautiful pictures! Irving looks gorgeous! Pot roast, thanks for the heads-up on the area, it sounds like we'll just need to go there and check out the homes in person so we look for the right neighborhood.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:40 PM

424 posts, read 1,811,793 times
Check out the Hospital district. I heard that is a nice area. The people in Irving are some of the nicest people I have met. They do have an illegal alien problem but have cracked down on it. I agree they are cleaning up the city. There are a lot of fluent people that live there.

If you buy a home in North Irving, be very careful about foundation issues.
North Irving is very nice. In south Irving, many of the homes are very nice. Get a realtor familiar with Irving if you are interested in visiting the area and looking for the house.

I am not sure how much you want to spend on a house, but check out Cottonwood and Hackberry Country Club areas. They are beautiful gated community.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:05 AM

13 posts, read 37,883 times
The last time I was visiting "home" was last year and I went to go see a friend of mine who lives near Nimitz High School in south Irving...and I think those neighborhoods are really nice. A lot of those neighborhoods are nice...there are the not so nice parts of Irving, just as every other little city. But for the most part, Irving has nice neighborhoods. My grandparents neighborhood is full of older (but nicely kept up homes). If I ever moved back, I'd try for their neighborhood. They off 183 Rochelle & O'Conner close to that Whataburger or Taco Bell.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:06 AM

13 posts, read 37,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catluvr View Post
Check out the Hospital district. I heard that is a nice area. The people in Irving are some of the nicest people I have met. They do have an illegal alien problem but have cracked down on it. I agree they are cleaning up the city. There are a lot of fluent people that live there.

If you buy a home in North Irving, be very careful about foundation issues.
North Irving is very nice. In south Irving, many of the homes are very nice. Get a realtor familiar with Irving if you are interested in visiting the area and looking for the house.

I am not sure how much you want to spend on a house, but check out Cottonwood and Hackberry Country Club areas. They are beautiful gated community.
Hackberry is especially beautiful. I love it!

Old 05-21-2008, 04:56 AM

983 posts, read 4,431,930 times
Very lovely pics of Irving! Thanks.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:48 PM

420 posts, read 473,436 times
Now this is more like it, very enlighten information, now i feel better about moving there. But, im interested in finding out the specific areas of irving. Im not going to have time to make several trips there to study the areas there. So when lookin for an apartment or even a house for rent, I need some type of idea what areas are what, so can some one give me a quick breakdown of the complete Irving area. Im very familar with the Las Colinas area, but i may not be as fortunate as to finding something out that way.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:21 PM

4 posts, read 18,247 times
Louisiana's legend there are very few good apartments south of 183. Unless you don't mind no washer/dryer hookups or dishwashers. You would probably need to search for stuff north of 183 if you want a modern apartment. If ya rent a house check out the neighbors in the area. There are some very nice quiet little enclaves in South Irving but it all depends on what the neighbors are like. Go a few blocks and you could have a completely different type of neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas