Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 02:37 PM

5 posts, read 14,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I live in North Hurst, and it's great here! Nice homes, very very very low crime rate and within 15-20 minutes of Irving (closer than Keller). There are several nice, older homes (built in late 60s early 70s) in my neighborhood for sale and they average around 140K. Of course, there are a whole lot of them going up in the new addition right next door that go up to 700K, so you can take your pick. Northeastern Tarrant county is BOOMING and everything you could just about want in terms of shopping or entertainment is within arm's reach. We've lived in Hurst for 7 years and absolutely love it. South Hurst (South of 183 is a little bit of a different story, with a tad more crime and other problems). North Hurst is situated between Bedford to the East/North Richland Hills to the West, and Colleyvillle/Keller to the North. Happy House Hunting! PM me if you want any info, and I'm NOT a realtor, I just love where I live!

Oh yes, the grade school (Shady Oaks) which is part of the HEB school system is EXEMPLARY, which is the very best rating. My daughter recently graduated from there (she's now in Bedford Junior High) and she absolutely loved it. Great teachers, great school. And the neighborhood where we live is very family oriented.
I agree with everything expect the "good school" Shady Oaks.
I think Shady Oaks sucks. I was new to the school for my 6th grade year; I had a male teacher.
He only gave ONE(1) bathroom break during the school hour(7 hours). One BEFORE school begins(8 am) and one at 1 PM.(We are allowed to drink water in school but only ONE(1) bathroom break?) I told him it was an emergency and he said I could wait(this was at 10am) until after lunch(1pm)!!!
I waited and ended up getting a bladder infection.
We told the principal about it - she cared for one day and made him take us to the restroom at 10 AM after that day - no more restroom breaks.
I am now homeschooled because I have OCD/aniexty and I am terrifed to go back.
THANKS SHADY OAKS. - NOT!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2007, 10:55 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,654,710 times
To the orginial poster, the areas that you have mentioned are very good! I love Flower Mound and I would not worry about the airplane noise at all. You get use to that sort of thing. I use to live about 2-3 miles from DFW airport many years ago. After awhile you just don't hear it and we had huge planes flying over head of our complex. Good luck in your search and welcome to the boards!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas