Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2016, 08:20 AM

15 posts, read 27,532 times

Advertisements

We are planning to move from Valley Ranch to Frisco as our current house is getting congested (parents moving in). We looked at other schools and coppel and plano, and decided that we can't have our boys (12 & 8) kids competing in high-stress environment.

Other discussion about schools aside, wondering about what this forum thinks about the Villages of Stonelake Est 90s community. We are looking at home-within-home, decent size lots and don't mind the extra 15 minute commute to main shopping area.

Any insight into this community would be great. Also, is the builder willing to work with us on price, and how are house build schedule/experience?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 11:27 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,255,953 times
They just opened last summer so they haven't closed anything yet. Nothing has closed yet to talk about the schedule timing.

They have a certain amount in incentive if you use the lender. Don't expect to negotiate on dirt unless you decide to pursue a spec.

Huge lots and great builders.

Naima

Old 01-23-2016, 11:34 AM

176 posts, read 234,197 times
To the OP sorry to hijack thread but I saw on tv yesterday that Mainvue Homes are giving away HUGE incentives. Don't know why but the ad was saying something like around 60-70K off prices. In Frisco at their Phillips Creek Ranch (I am not sure if it is just there at that location or all locations). Perhaps Naima can chime in?
Valleyranchguy I wish I knew that neighborhood but I do not. Sorry to interject. Good luck on your home search!

Last edited by fearthegoat; 01-23-2016 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: .

Old 01-23-2016, 01:24 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,660,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearthegoat View Post
To the OP sorry to hijack thread but I saw on tv yesterday that Mainvue Homes are giving away HUGE incentives. Don't know why but the ad was saying something like around 60-70K off prices. In Frisco at their Phillips Creek Ranch (I am not sure if it is just there at that location or all locations). Perhaps Naima can chime in?
Valleyranchguy I wish I knew that neighborhood but I do not. Sorry to interject. Good luck on your home search!
Mainvue is the only builder giving away huge discounts. Why? Because they arent doing well. The concept(which I love their homes), isnt working in places like Mckinney and Frisco. That and they pricing is way above what they should be. The word in the the building community(rumours of course) is they may pull out of DFW. Once again. i love their homes. Look awesome.

Old 01-24-2016, 10:45 AM

176 posts, read 234,197 times
mikestrong - Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:46 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrong View Post
Mainvue is the only builder giving away huge discounts. Why? Because they arent doing well. The concept(which I love their homes), isnt working in places like Mckinney and Frisco. That and they pricing is way above what they should be. The word in the the building community(rumours of course) is they may pull out of DFW. Once again. i love their homes. Look awesome.
Yeah you'd think they's try and stay more inner city if possible. Finding land to build is a problem for everyone.

Somethings wrong if you have to discount big in this market.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:30 PM

6 posts, read 6,802 times
we bought a spec shaddock so cannot comment on build times and schedules. But I will tell you that they build quality homes. There is a large south indian community here. Almost a mini Hyderabad. So keep that in mind. Lots of activities among desi men (weekend drink parties, soccer, tennis, cycling races, cricket). We have had several neighbors unhappy with lennar build. Saxony a product of shaddock sold some great houses for great pricing. Shaddock might give you some upgrades thrown in but don't expect more than 20K drop in the final price. FWIW, they are selling like hot cakes here! Every week we have a new neighbor Hope this helps. I love the community.

Old 01-31-2016, 06:12 PM

5 posts, read 5,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrong View Post
This wouldn't surprise me. They are pretty looking homes but stick out like sore thumbs down here. I also can't image what it would cost to cool that house with all of those windows across the front. If the front of your house faces west, ouch. They also chose two of the worst locations in Frisco, one is behind a supermarket and the other is zoned for Lewisville ISD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas