Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2016, 12:59 PM

168 posts, read 394,336 times

Advertisements

I am looking at rentals in the Plano/West Plano area.
Please be specific why you like one over the other.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 01:08 PM

212 posts, read 459,276 times
This has been beat to death repeatedly, resuscitated, then killed again. Please do a forum search.

Old 01-27-2016, 02:13 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,273,112 times
The facts:

1. West Plano is just a collection of neighborhoods in the city of Plano. It is also the name of one of Plano's three senior high schools. It's not a separate city.

2. Your budget and commute will likely dictate which part of Plano works best for you. Do you need easy access to 75 or the DNT? West Plano home prices tend to be a lot higher than central or east Plano.

3. West Plano isn't a separate city. It doesn't have a wall around it. You can live wherever you want/ can afford to and shop at Willow Bend Mall or use the Mullenbeck Rec Centwr (both in West Plano), eat dinner in historic downtown Plano, and go to church in north Plano.....it's all a 10-15 minute drive from one to the other.

Old 01-27-2016, 05:42 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,459,005 times
Plano (central) is going to me more middle to upper middle class families. West Plano is more upper middle and upper class. Plano seems to be a little older with smaller cheaper housing, while West Plano is newer large homes. I believe Plano is more heavily Asian than West Plano. It would probably be best for you to post what you're looking for to receive a better answer. The West Plano area is considered "high end" trailing only Southlake and the Park Cities imo.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:11 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,858,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaherbgirl View Post
I am looking at rentals in the Plano/West Plano area.
Please be specific why you like one over the other.

Thank you!
Why not try that fuzzy, middle area that could be either part of Plano, unless you really are asking about schools? I'm a PSHS graduate, so I cheer for that senior high over PWSH.

But, as far as the City of Plano goes, personally, I prefer east Plano. More diverse. There are some newer homes, but few really expensive ones, so, more affordable. Easy access to US75 and PGB Turnpike. Lovely Oak Point and Bob Woodruff Parks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas