Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2016, 03:53 PM

559 posts, read 935,734 times

Advertisements

I already have a doctor's prescription and trying to get my 1st eye glasses and a frame using my vision insurance.

Anyone with a recommendation for a good store to get buy a new frame and eye glasses? Preferably something in Plano/Frisco area and takes vision insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 04:30 PM

42 posts, read 57,044 times
Try Lensecrafters or Pearl Vision. If they take your insurance then service is faster and collection is bigger. Many buy glasses and contacts online so that is an option if you want to save money.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediumHearted View Post
Try Lensecrafters or Pearl Vision. If they take your insurance then service is faster and collection is bigger. Many buy glasses and contacts online so that is an option if you want to save money.
Thanks. Both are in-network with my vision insurance provider. How are their price markups for frames and how's their customer service for after sell for resolving issues like loose nose-piece or frame screws etc.?

Can you share online options as well if they take insurance?

Old 02-05-2016, 07:51 PM

128 posts, read 231,405 times
Costco and Target have nice frames and lenses at very good prices.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:35 AM

190 posts, read 288,163 times
I've found it waaaay cheaper to just order online from sites like eyebuydirect, zennioptical, warbyparker etc. Most of them have good return policies. Make sure to check for discount codes before ordering.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:33 PM

20 posts, read 19,602 times
Warby Parker....inexpensive and stylish, plus they donate a pair of glasses when you purchase from them. You can choose the frames online and they'll ship them to you. You choose your favorite and return the others with no issues. Quick and painless.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoy View Post
Costco and Target have nice frames and lenses at very good prices.
Unfortunately Costco does not take my vision insurance, but Target does. Will check Target. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifofifo View Post
I've found it waaaay cheaper to just order online from sites like eyebuydirect, zennioptical, warbyparker etc. Most of them have good return policies. Make sure to check for discount codes before ordering.
Thanks. Do any of these online stores accept vision insurance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBartov View Post
Warby Parker....inexpensive and stylish, plus they donate a pair of glasses when you purchase from them. You can choose the frames online and they'll ship them to you. You choose your favorite and return the others with no issues. Quick and painless.
Thanks. I see they have a location in Dallas, but can't find if they take insurance. Do you know?

Old 02-11-2016, 10:49 AM

20 posts, read 19,602 times
Thanks. I see they have a location in Dallas, but can't find if they take insurance. Do you know?[/quote]

Yep that's the store, I bought my last pair there but paid out of pocket (my choice b/c I wear contacts). Call the store to find out if they take insurance. I'm sure they do.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBartov View Post
Thanks. I see they have a location in Dallas, but can't find if they take insurance. Do you know?
Yep that's the store, I bought my last pair there but paid out of pocket (my choice b/c I wear contacts). Call the store to find out if they take insurance. I'm sure they do.[/quote]

Bummer.... I called and they said they don't directly work with any insurance company. I will be responsible to submit their invoice to get reimbursement thru out of network coverage.

Old 02-11-2016, 03:38 PM

645 posts, read 834,838 times
1st Eyewear would be suggestion. Good collection of frames. Good service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas