Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 03:49 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Old City Park is just across the freeway from there, an old Texas farm is recreated...Welcome to Dallas Heritage Village - "Living Breathing Texas History"
OH YEAH!!!!

For places to eat pick up a copy of the February issue of D Magazine. It has on the cover "The Best Neighborhood Restaurants" for the entire Dallas Metroplex. After reading it I was HUNGRY!!!!! They are all non-chain places too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 04:36 PM

303 posts, read 1,011,461 times
Thank you Lakewooder, that is perfect!
Oh, I absolutely have to get my hands on that Feb. issue! Ever since we moved here I have been looking for great places to eat. We have very few on our list, the suburbs are invaded by chain restaurants.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:04 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,799 times
Maybe for next weekend, he would enjoy a visit to the Vintage Railroad in Grapevine... can also ride it from Grapevine to the Ft. Worth Stock Yards for a feel of the old Southwest!

Grapevine Vintage RailRoad

Grapevine Vintage Railroad - TourTexas Destination

Fort Worth, Texas

Old 02-08-2008, 05:25 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,250,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintea View Post
Thank you Lakewooder, that is perfect!
Oh, I absolutely have to get my hands on that Feb. issue! Ever since we moved here I have been looking for great places to eat. We have very few on our list, the suburbs are invaded by chain restaurants.
Don't trust everything D Magazine prints, most if not all, places or people they name "best of" are advertisers so they are paying to be listed on there.

They have listed in this month's restaurant list a place that has been shut down for sanitary reasons twice in the past year. We got our food with ants crawling in the chips. We talked to the manager on our way out and he said, "oh, we'll change that for you" I think not!!!! we left without eating.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:35 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,250,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintea View Post
I would like to take him on a farm, but I am not sure if there are ones that you can visit. .
There is a working farm in mesquite.

Samuel Farm is a 340 acre working farm with domestic animals, barnyard petting zoo, playground, fishing, hiking, picnicing, bicycling, horseback riding. Domestic animals include goats, sheep, cows, pigs, and chickens. Five stocked ponds and beautiful wooded trails. Ride your own horse here. Kids can examine and climb on preserved farm equipment. Operated like a turn-of-century farm. 100 E Highway 80 @ Belt Line in Mesquite

Friends Of The Farm (FOTF): Samuell Farm, Dallas, TX

Old 02-08-2008, 05:54 PM

Thank you, that farm sounds nice. Please PM the name of that restaurant, I want to make sure I avoid it. I realize that many places listed in magazines are not necessarily the best. Is there a website where people rate the restaurants? I know about Citysearch, but that's about it.

New2sa, my husband took him to the Ft. Worth Stockyards, he liked that very much.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:19 PM

We had a great day today, the tour was lovely. Thank you all, Dallas is beautiful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas