Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 08:23 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,535,469 times

Advertisements

I agree with the above posters who said you stage for your buyer. If your buyer not a young couple with/wanting children because of the elementary schools, then you need to make an attempt at creating a dining room. Maybe you could find something inexpensive on Craigslist and borrow chairs from friends/family so you aren't laying out a bunch of cash to stage. Our realtor paid for the first appt w/ our home stager and it was 100% worth it and I think it is why we sold so quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 12:24 PM

424 posts, read 668,481 times
So here's a question (I don't think it's TOO off topic)... how do you determine WHO your potential buyer is? My neighborhood is a very mixed bag. On both sides of me is a retired couple, across the street is a young couple with young kids, down the street there are a handful of young couples w/o kids. The elementary school down the street is the best rated in our district; I'd hate to mention that and potentially alienate another group of buyers.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:31 PM

1,591 posts, read 2,408,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansgirl View Post
So here's a question (I don't think it's TOO off topic)... how do you determine WHO your potential buyer is? My neighborhood is a very mixed bag. On both sides of me is a retired couple, across the street is a young couple with young kids, down the street there are a handful of young couples w/o kids. The elementary school down the street is the best rated in our district; I'd hate to mention that and potentially alienate another group of buyers.

Odds are, the school district will be your main selling point.
make sure to add photos on the walls of children receiving awards and acting in stage performances, action shot of little Jimmy/Jane deflecting a soccer goal etc. People eat that up. Shutterstock is your friend.

what sort of buyer would be alienated and turned off by being in the best rated school district? criminal?

Old 03-15-2016, 01:50 PM

424 posts, read 668,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdallas View Post
Odds are, the school district will be your main selling point.
make sure to add photos on the walls of children receiving awards and acting in stage performances, action shot of little Jimmy/Jane deflecting a soccer goal etc. People eat that up. Shutterstock is your friend.

what sort of buyer would be alienated and turned off by being in the best rated school district? criminal?
I hope you're not suggesting I keep my family photos on the wall. LOL

And I guess "alienating" is the wrong term. Basically, people without kids won't be sold by "great school district; elementary school within walking distance."

Old 03-15-2016, 02:54 PM

216 posts, read 214,247 times
Quote:
I hope you're not suggesting I keep my family photos on the wall. LOL

And I guess "alienating" is the wrong term. Basically, people without kids won't be sold by "great school district; elementary school within walking distance."
Even if "great school district" doesn't apply to them, they could be thinking ahead to re-selling the house to a family with kids. Our elementary school was decent when we purchased only 5 years ago (greatschools rating 7/10). It's now a 3! I can't believe how fast it turned down!

Old 03-16-2016, 11:41 AM

92 posts, read 156,867 times
Quote:
You are wrong about that. We don't have kids but wanted to buy in an area where there are great schools for resale purposes in the event that we are relocated again due to my husband's job (or mine but that's a long shot)

Old 03-21-2016, 02:47 PM

87 posts, read 153,871 times
I would say to minimize the kid stuff as much as possible. Try to pull out everything (and pack it away) that isn't necessary. I would think seeing even an empty (ish) room with a chandelier would make it obvious that its a dining room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas