U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2008, 02:14 PM

14,862 posts, read 40,077,601 times

Advertisements

There has been a lot of interest on here from people inquiring about Valley Ranch. I had completely forgotten about the area HOA that runs Valley Ranch until I read this article the other day in The Dallas Morning News. For those looking to live there be it in an apartment or buying a house make sure you understand the FULL length of the HOA for this area. I personally don't have a problem w/ HOA's as long as they are well run. Just wanted to pass this on as an FYI for those considering Valley Ranch.

Valley Ranch homeowners' association election less than neighborly | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Breaking News for Dallas-Fort Worth | Dallas Morning News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/021008valleyranch.330caac.html - broken link)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 02:41 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,035,781 times
All I have to say, it must have been a slow day on Feb. 9th for news when an HOA squabble makes it to print, much less becomes a link on this forum.

The only two items in the article I see worth noting are:

(1) The low cost of the annual HOA dues, yet yielding a very nice annual association budget --
Quote:
Property owners annually pay $180 per $100,000 of assessed value. That amounts to a $2 million budget for the association.
(2) Pretty much every organization in existence --
Quote:
As a member of the association's master board for 18 years, he's seen plenty of races. From his point of view, anti-establishment groups that
promise sweeping change come along all the time. "I've never seen an election where people weren't upset," he said.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:45 PM

14,862 posts, read 40,077,601 times
Trust me, from someone that has sat on an HOA board......... to make newsprint is kind of lame. I've seent before though. I just wanted to make sure that those looking KNEW it was such a HUGE HOA that included the apartment renters and business owners. I've been in good ones and bad ones. There are always those that are ready to point out so-called "problems" w/ an HOA and those are usually the ones that once they do get on the board have not a clue as what to do. LOL!!! Seen that happen and then they wish the former board members would come back. hehehehe

Old 02-11-2008, 04:27 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,035,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Trust me, from someone that has sat on an HOA board......... to make newsprint is kind of lame. I've seent before though. I just wanted to make sure that those looking KNEW it was such a HUGE HOA that included the apartment renters and business owners. I've been in good ones and bad ones. There are always those that are ready to point out so-called "problems" w/ an HOA and those are usually the ones that once they do get on the board have not a clue as what to do. LOL!!! Seen that happen and then they wish the former board members would come back. hehehehe
Well, from what I've seen, it is and has always been a well-run organization that VR has greatly benefited from. And, as far as affecting renters, they would never even know it existed as they are under the apartment complex rules which are guided by the HOA, i.e., which actually answers to and pays dues, to the HOA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas