U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 11:25 AM

8 posts, read 48,315 times

Advertisements

Be careful and do all your homework. Robson Ranch sits in the middle of a wellfield for natural gas. There are 7 designated well sites in or adjacent to the residential community. No one on the sales staff will bother to tell you about this until you fall in love with the community and are ready to sign a contract to purchase.

Before purchasing, make sure you understand the potential impact on the quality of life (as well as the environment) that gas drilling/servicing operations may have. We did not purchase there for these reasons, otherwise loved the community and the people!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 07:38 PM

1 posts, read 6,712 times
Robson stole my deposit too. They are heartless. Once they have your money, you are on your own. This way of doing buisness will catch up with them soon. There are many communities like Robson who would love to have Hard Working Honest Americans as their neighbors.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:25 PM

3 posts, read 13,380 times
I live at Robson Ranch and their is a lot going on. In the paper it is rated #1 for retirement couples. I agree that buying a house already built is the best way to go. There is a lot to choose from. People that has already built has put a lot into their homes. When you go through Robson, they don't tell you that all the extras is not part of the models, you are just buying the shell of the home. So, a lot of folks have put as much as 60,000 or more into their homes to make it fit their lifestyle. Some folks that talk about being out of money, that is true but they are told over and over again about that before signing on the dotted line. If you decide to pull out you will lose your money, most builders do that too.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:02 PM

9 posts, read 49,362 times
You are so right. There are many homes for resale that are so loaded with upgrades they cannot recover the cost of the homes. But it presents an opportunity for someone that would like to move to Robson Ranch. There are a lot of resale bargins now. fwduck

Old 08-22-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepster View Post
Be careful and do all your homework. Robson Ranch sits in the middle of a wellfield for natural gas. There are 7 designated well sites in or adjacent to the residential community. No one on the sales staff will bother to tell you about this until you fall in love with the community and are ready to sign a contract to purchase.

Before purchasing, make sure you understand the potential impact on the quality of life (as well as the environment) that gas drilling/servicing operations may have. We did not purchase there for these reasons, otherwise loved the community and the people!
I have lived here for 2 1/2 years with no problems with the gas wells. This entire area is sitting on top of Barnett shale with a large quanities of natural gas and all it is going to do is put a lot of money in some peoples pockets. I own 5 residential homes in Fort Worth and I will be receiving money from the gas on all five of them. And they are right in the middle of town. fwduck

Old 08-22-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost money View Post
Robson stole my deposit too. They are heartless. Once they have your money, you are on your own. This way of doing buisness will catch up with them soon. There are many communities like Robson who would love to have Hard Working Honest Americans as their neighbors.
The sales office is heartless and they do keep your money if you walk away. But they make is very clear up front. You would be much better off buying a resale. fwduck

Old 08-24-2008, 11:38 AM

If you are thinking about visiting Robson Ranch, be sure to take a good look at the Resales. Many bargins are available now. I live at Robson Ranch and it is a great place to live if you are an active senior that loves people. The very best about Robson Ranch is the wonderful people that live here. DD

Old 09-05-2008, 02:23 PM

3 posts, read 13,380 times
Default Robson Ranch

Well I have viewed a lot of the replies from folks that do not live at Robson Ranch about the Gas Wells. I live across the street from one that is not inside of Robson. Trucks have been coming and going, but the good part is I do not hear them inside my home. Robson does put together a good quality house that does shut out the outside noises. Robson also is going to raise their rates by 10,000 this qtr. Again that is another reason why folks should look at resales. The resales right now are such a good deal.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:24 PM

26 posts, read 113,510 times
You do have to understand what you are doing when you sign up to build a new home at Robson Ranch. They tell you up front that when you put your money down on a lot, it will not be returned if you do not build. There are also many pre-owned homes that are priced below the cost to duplicate.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:17 PM

3 posts, read 20,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwduck View Post
I have lived here for 2 1/2 years with no problems with the gas wells. This entire area is sitting on top of Barnett shale with a large quanities of natural gas and all it is going to do is put a lot of money in some peoples pockets. I own 5 residential homes in Fort Worth and I will be receiving money from the gas on all five of them. And they are right in the middle of town. fwduck

We've been here 2 years now, but the gas well issues just raised its ugly head and there will be many homes afftected with the ongoing drilling without the benefit of mineral rights. Developer lied and provided a document with the location of gas wells, which is a lot different than current plans. Advice for anyone looking, please don't buy at Robson Ranch.

Last edited by Joe Bob; 03-19-2009 at 02:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>