U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 09:25 AM

17 posts, read 32,072 times

Advertisements

Frisco Lakes seems kinda dead and plain as compared to Robson Ranch, south of Denton. Robson Ranch has a lot of great shopping just inside of Denton and to the east.

RR will give you a map, but note that their "not to scale" map should show Hwy 377 much closer to I-35W. Wonderful thing is I-35W is only 4 lanes to Denton and all the shopping, it may increase as it gets toward Ft. Worth but we don't ever go that far.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 11:09 AM

17 posts, read 32,072 times
Default Getting out of a signed legal contract

About losing a deposit if you change your mind about building (for any reason) at most any location in U.S. would be the same.

You have to be very, very serious and definite that you do want to build before you sign a contract to do so. A real estate contract is a binding agreement between at least 2 parties. I used to sell real estate and that is the first thing you learn about real estate law.

After you sign and put money on the contract that shows you are serious and do want to build. So then the builder would go ahead and sign contracts with all the sub-contractors and for all the many, many products used in the house so that they could not change prices down the road on him. It's just a common sense approach. You would probably do the same exact thing if you were a builder. The head building director is probably sitting in AZ instead of TX anyway, and is far removed from the customer.

It could be the other people they did let out of the contract did it very early on before he had a chance to sign contracts with his sub-contractors and product people.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:51 AM

3,931 posts, read 5,850,826 times
As an appraiser who worked Robson from day 1, I recommend buying an existing home. Big discount in the market between building new and an existing home. I know one person who dumped big bucks into his home, including such things as a flagstone drive, etc. Even the builders office people were shaking their heads at this one as he overspent big time.

As a project, so long as you accept the restrictions of living in Robson and accepting that the HOA is very diligent, including chasing cars down by golf cart patrol for 'excessive speed' (yes, they do this), it has a lot of perks. Great golf course, amenities. Good place to live.

Old 02-04-2015, 04:46 PM

178 posts, read 324,839 times
Default Fracking ban?

Does the Denton County ban on fracking cover the operations near Robson?

Old 02-05-2015, 04:56 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,454,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCPerson View Post
Frisco Lakes seems kinda dead and plain as compared to Robson Ranch, south of Denton. Robson Ranch has a lot of great shopping just inside of Denton and to the east.

RR will give you a map, but note that their "not to scale" map should show Hwy 377 much closer to I-35W. Wonderful thing is I-35W is only 4 lanes to Denton and all the shopping, it may increase as it gets toward Ft. Worth but we don't ever go that far.
Frisco lake is pumping out 20 -25 sales a month so something must be working.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,589 times
Just moved in 3 months ago and love it. The whole buying, design and building experience was awesome. I think a lot depends on who you work with. No regrets whatsoever. Del Webb homes cannot hold a candle to Robson.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:14 PM

6 posts, read 7,816 times
Question Frisco Lakes vs Robson Ranch

Hi!
Thank you all for your responses in advance. I visited both communities on Mom's Day. I know I am going to build. Robson * insists* on upgrades $20, to $30,000. What is so wrong with a new built home?
Does Del Webb's builder also need a buyer to up-grade also? I would love to hear the pro's and con's in comparison to both communities to help me make a decision. I am a single female.
Respectfully,
SusieQ

Old 05-24-2015, 07:30 PM

6 posts, read 7,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
As an appraiser who worked Robson from day 1, I recommend buying an existing home. Big discount in the market between building new and an existing home. I know one person who dumped big bucks into his home, including such things as a flagstone drive, etc. Even the builders office people were shaking their heads at this one as he overspent big time.

As a project, so long as you accept the restrictions of living in Robson and accepting that the HOA is very diligent, including chasing cars down by golf cart patrol for 'excessive speed' (yes, they do this), it has a lot of perks. Great golf course, amenities. Good place to live.
Hi Restrain,
Thank you for your time in advance, Do you still think a resale is a better buy in May 2015? Because you are a professional appraiser I would love to hear your opinion. I am going to go back as soon as the rain lets up and seriously make my choices and decision.
Respectfully,
Jaime
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>