Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 07:53 PM

525 posts, read 718,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_FTW View Post
lol @ useless. It went from being a joke to a place many would love to buy a house @ especially in the GCISD section.
I do see the appeal of living within GCISD. I love Downtown Grapevine. For some reason, it feels a tad more northern for my taste. I really like the location of North Arlington but no further north of Colleyville/Euless city line west of DFW Airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2023, 08:35 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
GCISD schools are very good, and they have the sought-after ethnic and economic diversity that most upper-tier ISDs are lacking. Plus, the taxes for Grapevine City properties are very low thanks to all the money the city receives from DFW Airport. My husband and I lived there for 20 years.

Old 02-14-2023, 12:15 AM

468 posts, read 475,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
GCISD schools are very good, and they have the sought-after ethnic and economic diversity that most upper-tier ISDs are lacking. Plus, the taxes for Grapevine City properties are very low thanks to all the money the city receives from DFW Airport. My husband and I lived there for 20 years.
What is this SOUGHT-after ethnic and economic diversity that most upper-tier ISDs are lacking? And who is seeking them?

Old 02-16-2023, 09:19 AM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfootfour View Post
I am curious where the population center of the DFW Metro is.

I know that the DFW metro continues to expand and that there can be lengthy debates on on which smaller towns are actually now considered part of the metro. Using Denton and McKinney as the northern edge, Mesquite as the eastern edge, DeSoto as the southern edge, and White Settlement as the western edge.

I can easily calculate the geographic center of the metro but I am curious to know the population center of the metro.
Las Colinas.

Old 02-16-2023, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
It is sad when country land gets torn up. Irresponsible growth. Dallas needed something like an urban growth boundary decades ago. Grow upward, not outward.
It's sad in Pennsylvania where the land is good for farming. Not so much around here.

Old 02-16-2023, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaching View Post
Yet over on another topic they are discussing spreading out public housing into the burbs in higher density developments. Hmmmm
Well, public housing should be built where the real estate is cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas