Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 06:42 AM

198 posts, read 224,878 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I am looking for advice on "town centers" near Richardson where the 25-35yo
single crowd rent or buy condos.

I drove to the Richardson area to spend a week looking around before accepting
a job in the area. The extended stay hotel is in Plano and while driving around I
ran into a town center called Austin Ranch which looks very nice but it is probably
too far from the job with morning traffic.

I was told there are many town centers like this one. I think Addison Circle was
another one.

Can someone give me the rundown on all the different singles oriented town centers
within 20 min drive from the intersection of 75 and George Bush turnpike where
the job is? I'm here for a week so I'd like to check out the right areas while I am
here.

Thanks all..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 07:26 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfCoastGuy View Post
Hello all,

I am looking for advice on "town centers" near Richardson where the 25-35yo
single crowd rent or buy condos.

I drove to the Richardson area to spend a week looking around before accepting
a job in the area. The extended stay hotel is in Plano and while driving around I
ran into a town center called Austin Ranch which looks very nice but it is probably
too far from the job with morning traffic.

I was told there are many town centers like this one. I think Addison Circle was
another one.

Can someone give me the rundown on all the different singles oriented town centers
within 20 min drive from the intersection of 75 and George Bush turnpike where
the job is? I'm here for a week so I'd like to check out the right areas while I am
here.

Thanks all..
No such area in Richardson. Addison is about as close as you'll get to something like that anywhere near Richardson.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:33 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
You need to be in Uptown Dallas.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:09 AM

500 posts, read 583,675 times
There are several your age that rent in the apartments at 75 & Campbell on the SE corner. I've known several that were recent college grads that moved into that area and liked it well enough to stay when they renewed. It's not "happening" like Uptown, but it is doable.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:24 PM

I was chatting up at a pub yesterday and I was told to look at:
- Shops at Legacy
- Addison Circle
- Austin Ranch
- Uptown

The person told me the following:
- Shops at Legacy and Addison Circle were the best choices overall for cost/commute/fun.
- Austin Ranch is really nice but not as "happening" as Legacy and Addison Circle.
- Uptown would be a really expensive with long commutes to work that I would get sick of.

(I have no idea if any of this was good advice or not)

There are also lots of new looking apartments within 2 blocks of 75 and George Bush
that I'll check out.

Last edited by GulfCoastGuy; 06-01-2016 at 12:38 PM..

Old 06-01-2016, 12:50 PM

1,399 posts, read 2,175,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaching View Post
There are several your age that rent in the apartments at 75 & Campbell on the SE corner. I've known several that were recent college grads that moved into that area and liked it well enough to stay when they renewed. It's not "happening" like Uptown, but it is doable.
I was going to suggest this too.

Austin Ranch is definitely outside of a 20 minute commute. Shops at Legacy is showing 16 minutes right now without traffic and that is taking 2 toll roads, so yeah, that one will be outside of your desired commute too. Same can probably be said for Addison Circle. It is also showing a 16 minute commute and that would take the same toll roads as the Shops at Legacy, just heading north for a bit instead.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:56 PM

5,265 posts, read 6,405,851 times
Quote:
Same can probably be said for Addison Circle.
You could get to Addison Circle via Beltline Road without taking any tollroads. If I were the OP, I'd consider the new Cityline/State Farm area, and also check out Eastside (Campbell & 75) and maybe the new apartments on Coit Road & Campbell road near UTD. They won't have quite the bar scene as Addison Circle, but there are singles in the area, and from CityLine to work is bike-able or walkable. It's all very new, but they are building a movie theatre at Cityline, and there are some bars and restaurants completed and open.

Maybe consider downtown Plano as well. Also a DART or bikeable distance away. Ave K & 15th Street area.

You could do Uptown as well, but it's quite a bit farther away, about 45 minutes via rail or 30 driving. It's the biggest and oldest area for singles.

The drive to Shops at Legacy would suck the worst of Uptown/Addison Circle, etc, Austin Ranch way too far away. I'd cross both those off the list.

Not sure the budget on any of these places.

Last edited by TheOverdog; 06-01-2016 at 01:07 PM..

Old 06-01-2016, 01:33 PM

1,591 posts, read 2,408,792 times
Another recommendation for Cityline. Another benefit to that area is the DART station at your doorstep that can take you to downtown/uptown Dallas or historic Plano downtown if you ever feel the need to explore. None of the other areas have this option.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:38 PM

164 posts, read 252,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
You could get to Addison Circle via Beltline Road without taking any tollroads. If I were the OP, I'd consider the new Cityline/State Farm area, and also check out Eastside (Campbell & 75) and maybe the new apartments on Coit Road & Campbell road near UTD. They won't have quite the bar scene as Addison Circle, but there are singles in the area, and from CityLine to work is bike-able or walkable. It's all very new, but they are building a movie theatre at Cityline, and there are some bars and restaurants completed and open.

Maybe consider downtown Plano as well. Also a DART or bikeable distance away. Ave K & 15th Street area.

You could do Uptown as well, but it's quite a bit farther away, about 45 minutes via rail or 30 driving. It's the biggest and oldest area for singles.

The drive to Shops at Legacy would suck the worst of Uptown/Addison Circle, etc, Austin Ranch way too far away. I'd cross both those off the list.

Not sure the budget on any of these places.
Agree on downtown Plano. There aren't any areas like this in Richardson though Cityline may turn out this way - I think it's too early to tell right now. There is an area near the Spring Valley Dart Station that is trying to go for this and some new Condos going up east of there along Greenville, but it's too small-scale for now.

I would vote downtown Plano. I know a lot of 20-30 something singles who live in the apartments/condos in the area and love it. I also agree there's no way you can do Shops at Legacy or Austin Ranch. Uptown is doable but this depends on the balance you want between commute time and social activity right in your backyard.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:23 PM

Today I learned that apartments at the Shops at Legacy and
Austin Ranch are 10-15 years old, shop worn, and dirty looking.

I went to 5 places and they were all bad. One place wanted
$1642 and it had a coil stove and very cheap vinyl-wrap
kitchen cabinets. The lady said the coil stove was an upgrade.
I didn't have the guts to ask "An upgrade from what?"

And I picked what looked like the best looking ones online:
Parkside at Legacy
Post Legacy
Legacy Village
Thousand Oaks at Austin Ranch
Flatiron at Austin Ranch

I may have to rent a house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: