Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 11:50 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,677,079 times

Advertisements

I don't know why people say DFW is cheap. I mean, I guess it's cheap compared to California or NYC, but it's a lot more expensive than other areas of the country. In fact, this is the most expensive area I've ever lived in.

When I lived in Missouri, I had a 2br apartment for $750. I currently live in Arlington (one of the cheaper areas in the metro) and I pay $900 for a 1br. I'm sure I could find a cheaper place, but there are safety issues. Worst of all, rent seems to go up a LOT every year. Expect 10-20% increases, but without a matching salary increase.

Home prices are skyrocketing here as well. A home that cost $200,000 just a few years ago can be worth almost double today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 01:26 PM

22 posts, read 21,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOnShipOut View Post

I've read The Village apartments are a good option for starter apts for my age demographic. Not sure what the noise frequency is like there. I've been reading more into Plano and it seems very family oriented which may not suit me too much at this juncture.

Thanks all.
I currently live in the Village Apartments in Dallas. Far and away the best apartments I've ever lived in. Can't beat the price for value. You can't go wrong with any Lincoln Properties in general. Safe neighborhood. I always use the example that on multiple occasions neighbors have been gone for weeks during the holidays and watched their packages sit untouched still on their doorsteps when they returned. Maintenance is near instantaneous, longest I've ever waited for any repairs was 24 hours. Walking distance to Central Market and Whole foods. The landscaping is kept immaculate year round. You'll also be surrounded by other young professionals. Don't let low prices nearby fool you. The Village doesn't "nickel and dime" you to death like all the other shady apartments in the area. Beware many have very high laundry fees, charge for parking spots (have none for guests), no common areas, horrible maintenance, etc.

I'd also highly recommend you get a washer/dryer in unit. It costs a bit extra but will save you ton of headaches day to day.

I've been in your shoes, maybe came to the realization a tad sooner, but understand where your coming from.

"You’ll always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take." -Wayne Gretzky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas