Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 01:47 PM

3 posts, read 2,329 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for reviews regarding this school. NOT DALLAS CHRISTIAN SCHOOL

I am not finding much on the web and would love to get some parent or former student feedback. I am thinking of sending my kids there for middle schools.

Any opinions? Good or Bad!

Last edited by reynaspoerl; 08-05-2016 at 01:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 01:59 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
Where is that school? I've never even heard of it.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:02 PM

1,429 posts, read 1,775,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reynaspoerl View Post
I'm looking for reviews regarding this school. NOT DALLAS CHRISTIAN SCHOOL

I am not finding much on the web and would love to get some parent or former student feedback. I am thinking of sending my kids there for middle schools.

Any opinions? Good or Bad!
Are you a Seventh Day Adventist? As my wife and I began our private school search I was told (warning, completely anecdotal) that in Dallas you basically shouldn't send your kids to a religious school unless you observe that religion. Exceptions, most Catholic schools, and Parish or ESD (at least among the ones that most people have heard of). I tend to think this is true in a lot of places, but it was advice given to me by longtime residents of Preston Hollow who had navigated private school scene about 5 years ago.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:14 PM

I am not Seventh Day Adventist but I am a Christian. I will definitely take a beat and look into the full seventh-day believes. I've actually know a few SDA and never felt that basic believe system was much different. Did you know anyone that sent their kids there?

Old 08-05-2016, 02:15 PM

93 posts, read 99,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Let me google that for you

Old 08-05-2016, 02:16 PM

It's on North Central Expy. Near City Center.

Old 08-06-2016, 03:24 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
I haven't either. So I googled, as suggested by another poster who was being snarky. It exists, but looking around their site and doing other searches I can't figure out if it is accredited. Don't get me wrong, I believe there are all sorts of schools, private or public, that can be great matches for all sorts of students. But I'm somewhat familiar with even the smallest private schools in Dallas and this is the first time I've ever heard of this one. Some sort of accreditation would be helpful. Not a lot of info about DCA.

Old 08-06-2016, 06:42 AM

1,190 posts, read 2,634,243 times
This is the only accreditation that I see:
Dallas Christian Academy is accredited by the Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Schools,

I am sure that is a legitimate organization but most of the other private schools are accredited by other more recognized organizations. Any idea how big the school is? The website shows that they have high school sports (vb, basketball, soccer) but I am wondering if they are full teams. It seems if the school was larger, someone on this board would have heard about it before, especially as being an "inner city" option.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:46 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifw View Post
This is the only accreditation that I see:
Dallas Christian Academy is accredited by the Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Schools,

I am sure that is a legitimate organization but most of the other private schools are accredited by other more recognized organizations. Any idea how big the school is? The website shows that they have high school sports (vb, basketball, soccer) but I am wondering if they are full teams. It seems if the school was larger, someone on this board would have heard about it before, especially as being an "inner city" option.
According to Dallas Christian Academy | Best School Ratings by GreatSchools 126 students K-12.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:16 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
If our extremely knowledgeable poster TC80 hasn't heard of it, IMO it isn't worth hearing about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: