Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2008, 11:55 AM

2 posts, read 23,048 times

Advertisements

I've been calling all over town trying to find a place to buy out of town newspapers. Specifically, I'm looking for the Washington Post. Even the News Stands I've called don't seem to carry it. I even tried News Stands at the airports. Does anyone know whether there is still a place in Dallas to buy out of town newspapers? I want the actual paper, not the online version or databases. I can get it at the Dallas Public Library but they don't sell newspapers, understandably.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 12:33 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,798,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfettke View Post
I've been calling all over town trying to find a place to buy out of town newspapers. Specifically, I'm looking for the Washington Post. Even the News Stands I've called don't seem to carry it. I even tried News Stands at the airports. Does anyone know whether there is still a place in Dallas to buy out of town newspapers? I want the actual paper, not the online version or databases. I can get it at the Dallas Public Library but they don't sell newspapers, understandably.
Since you don't want the online version, I'd subscribe to it and have it mailed to me... have done this in past for a specific paper I couldn't find here.

However, here is a great virtual online site where all the major newspapers are listed/accessible:

City Newsstand's Virtual Newsstand -- Newspapers

Old 02-21-2008, 12:55 PM

217 posts, read 1,045,386 times
Barnes and Noble carried them a few years ago. Might check with them to see if they still do.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:52 PM

2 posts, read 23,048 times
I called all the bookstores: Barnes & Noble, Borders, Half Price, B. Dalton, Waldenbooks, and none of them carry the Washington Post. I called some of the large hotels both downtown and at DFW airport. This forum is my last ditch attempt at finding something. I guess I'm amazed that you can no longer find out of town newspapers, even at the airports. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:07 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfettke View Post
I called all the bookstores: Barnes & Noble, Borders, Half Price, B. Dalton, Waldenbooks, and none of them carry the Washington Post. I called some of the large hotels both downtown and at DFW airport. This forum is my last ditch attempt at finding something. I guess I'm amazed that you can no longer find out of town newspapers, even at the airports. Thanks for the suggestions so far.
I too thought I had seen them at Barnes & Noble and even at the airport newstands. HMMM........... I'm wondering if access to the internet is one reason why publications have stopped making their print available in other markets.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:14 PM

1,101 posts, read 4,328,356 times
I don't know if this will help, but the Post has an online e-replica - not the online site, but the actual paper scanned in:

The Washington Post

Unfortunately, you have to subscribe to see anything beyond the first page.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:40 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,169,901 times
For retailers, selling out-of-town newspapers was never very profitable and it's been becoming even less so in the age of the Internet. Not to mention, newspapers take up a lot of space.

For newspapers, where cutting back has been the rule the last few years, circulation outside their normal distribution area was a luxury, not a necessity.

Combine that with the fact that one of the big distributors for out-of-town and foreign newspapers (based out of Atlanta I believe) went under a few years back, it's become much harder to find out-of-town papers anywhere, not just in DFW.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:08 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,561 times
Stores in DFW don' t carry out of town newspapers, because the world evolves around DFW.

Everyone knows that!!!!

j/k

I think your best bet would be call the Morning News, I am sure thats where the out of town papers are printed anyway. And then distributed wherever!

Old 10-23-2010, 10:11 AM

1 posts, read 8,094 times
I wish to get a copy of one of the New York papers reflecting the Texas Ranger win and the Yankee loss, where can I get one?

Old 10-23-2010, 07:20 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
might try the shops at the airport although I don't know that you can get there w/o boarding pass
might try hotels around the airport to see if their lobbies have oot newspapers to sell
bookstores don't carry many out of town papers but NY Times on Sunday might be something they would have

or order one of them from the NY Times or Post--
would take time to get here but you know the outcome anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: