Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 07:53 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,558,671 times

Advertisements

After happily having Fios for 2 years, we were switched over to Frontier in April. I thought Time Warner was bad, but we are about to switch back after dealing with this ridiculous company.

We expected them to up our bill for no reason (we have internet only and had negotiated a good rate for Fios). My husband called them and got them to lower it for another year. The next month it was back up. He called again. Same thing. This keeps going on--my husband lost it this month when an extra $10 "Identity Protection Fee" showed up. Apparently a service he has repeatedly declined and I'm sure is 100% useless.

I've noticed I'm dropping calls like crazy--I have my phone hooked up to Wifi and we have a booster. The dropped calls only happen at home and it is a recent problem. Someone else in our area mentioned they were having this issue too.

My husband about cancelled tonight, but they told him he would be charged for October regardless (they bill ahead??) and we would be charged a termination fee. We don't have a contract and didn't with Verizon--we should not be subject to an ETF. This is going to be fun to fight.

On another note...we may get Google Fiber in a few years. Bring it on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 10:04 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,175,469 times
No issues here. I wanted a new router, tech was there next day to take care of it.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:26 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,764,533 times
They have been surprisingly not-sucky.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:54 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,408,792 times
other than wildly fluctuating data speeds, I have not had any issues since the switch. I know a lot of other people have had many problems, though, so you are not alone by any means.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:33 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,410,931 times
My TV operation has an issue. A few channels, Fox Business and Fox News almost constantly with other nearby stations such as CNN etc has the same issue. The issue is sound and a line across the video on these channels. It is like an electrical tool running is creating a line interrupting video and sound making these channels virtually useless. Oddly this is not happening the same time and way on all TVs we have on Frontier. Seems like its the specific TV of associated with wiring for those tvs only but not sure what is wrong and why it started recently. Anyone else experiencing or know a solution?

Old 09-23-2016, 12:18 PM

537 posts, read 598,098 times
Not too many issues to report, the transition went surprisingly smoothly and I was expecting the worst. I've had some bigger fluctuations in data speeds as well, but overall nothing too significant. Biggest issue would be the loss of tons of on-demand content on TV.

I've heard of many other people having serious issues with Frontier though.

Old 09-23-2016, 01:58 PM

213 posts, read 315,145 times
I didn't have any of the extreme outages that my neighbors had, other than my bill jumping $50/month that they couldn't explain. My biggest issue (and observation of others) was the customer service. I spent hours on the phone and couldn't get an explanation on why my bill increased. It's like every single person started their job yesterday and can't do anything beyond read the script. I knew one day it was going to be my turn and I would be down for days and stuck in Frontier hell. So I switched to TWC last month and its fine. I like the FIOS equipment better, but it just wasn't worth the gamble.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:24 PM

891 posts, read 1,053,890 times
I have Frontier here in WV, its usually pretty reliable besides just slowing to a crawl every once in awhile. The other day however, a Frontier installer came to setup someone else's service who had just moved in, and somehow turned ours off. When I called they did their normal "make sure its plugged in right and restart the modem" condescending spiel, so after all that they tell what I already knew was goin to have to happen in the first place, "we gotta send a technician out to you" Yea duh, but then he told me it was gonna be 3 days later, I was on the verge of cancellation.But cooler heads prevailed and luckily the technician who made the mistake saw the ticket and came the next morning to fix his mistake, and apologized a few times. Other than that no big issues.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:18 AM

307 posts, read 1,097,430 times
My rates are going up $60 more. I'm looking at TWC but their rates are meh.

Old 10-10-2016, 12:48 PM

990 posts, read 2,303,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
I have Frontier here in WV, its usually pretty reliable besides just slowing to a crawl every once in awhile. The other day however, a Frontier installer came to setup someone else's service who had just moved in, and somehow turned ours off. When I called they did their normal "make sure its plugged in right and restart the modem" condescending spiel, so after all that they tell what I already knew was goin to have to happen in the first place, "we gotta send a technician out to you" Yea duh, but then he told me it was gonna be 3 days later, I was on the verge of cancellation.But cooler heads prevailed and luckily the technician who made the mistake saw the ticket and came the next morning to fix his mistake, and apologized a few times. Other than that no big issues.
They do this because like 80% of problems are basically a plug behind a desk or the cable wire itself has fallen or been pulled out. Another maybe 10-15% just need the router or cable box rebooted. I used to be a technician, and we would often get lambasted by the customer for 10 minutes for them to finally look in the back and there's something disconnected or they just need a reboot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas