Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2016, 08:01 PM

44 posts, read 90,541 times

Advertisements

We live in NY but building a house in southlake right now. We want to know how easy can we make our property tax payments in southlake? Do they mail the tax bill to you once a year? Are you able to access the tax info online and make payment online? In addition to Terrant county tax, is there any southlake city tax for your property? We are not going to be in southlake all the time, just don't want to miss the payments if we don't get bills on time. Also,gas, water and electricity companies in southlake, do they have online payment service? Thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 08:41 PM

8,144 posts, read 8,335,862 times
I pay all my taxes for Dallas and Tarrant county properties online. I also have signed up for email tax notices. Some school districts bill for school taxes separately, some have the county collect their taxes -- and in that case I am billed for the total annual taxes for both county, city and school. I don't know the case for Carroll ISD.

Pay My County Tax

Old 10-05-2016, 04:20 AM

11,852 posts, read 26,850,435 times
Tarrant County Appraisal District http://www.tad.org handles all of the property tax payments. There are city, county, and school taxes. You are billed annually, and yes, you can pay them online.

Gas is through Atmos, and you choose your electricity company. Water comes from the Coty of Southlake, and I assume they also offer online payment. I pay all of our bills online through our bank's online payment system, and it's never been a problem.

Old 10-14-2016, 05:03 PM

134 posts, read 139,236 times
Actually it depends. If you buy outright, you can pay online, mail a check or in person.

If you are financing your house, you can have the taxes and your insurance divided up into 12 payments and rolled into your monthly mortgage payment. That is how mine is handled.

Being the taxes are estimated, if you pay more than you needed to pay, then your mortgage company will cut you check for the difference. If you pay less than owed, you will have the option to pay the difference before a certain date or they will roll that into your next years monthly payment causing an increase.

Not only could can you pay other utilities like water and gas online, you can set up auto pay and never really have to worry about due dates. I don't have gas but I have my water on auto pay. They still mail me a "bill" a couple of weeks before my due date so if something looks off I have time to call talk to them about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: