Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 07:50 PM

473 posts, read 1,568,579 times

Advertisements

It is pretty simple. If you can afford Kessler Park, then yes it is a terrific place. Trust me, the gentrification train is pushing south and most of the surrounding areas that do not have a historic conservation will be gentrified in the next ten years. The ones that do, will only increase in value such as Greenland Hills (Though the conservation there came a little late) in the M Streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 06:33 PM

17 posts, read 47,879 times
That friendly state is a silly reputation. Thats a great observation. Social circles are by far bigger in the New York and Chicago. First the folks are more congested in a smaller area and then the mass transit in itself causes more human interaction. I was in awe at the friendliness in both these northern cities. The rude inhumane stereotype of those cities comes from ignorance of folks who have never been there. Then too I have been guilty of stereotyping. Alabama is not the bigoted/redneck state its past history would lead one to believe. Fact is that they are friendly and genuine folk.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:54 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,654,710 times
Just a suggestion, you might want to join a newcomers club or a group at Meetup: World's largest community of local Meetups, clubs and groups! - Meetup.com.

I find people very friendly here when out and about just like you and I really love that.

I did live out of state for awhile and longed to be back where I knew there was a cordialness. Often I would see all sorts of mishaps with how people acted, from old people shooting the rod(yes really) and people cursing out others in front of my kids. It just wasn't were I wanted to be once I figured out where I lived wasn't what it was all stoked up to be.

I do enjoy my privacy here and find if I want to be isolated I can.. whearas before in the state prior, I had neighobors looking at my ballot how I voted with a election official allowing them to see how my spouse and I voted... truly.. I could go on and on.

I do agree with others on how drives can either create the social atmophere of the neighborhood. I don't communicate on a regular basis with my neighbors and we all have private rear drives. I though do love each neighbor on the side of me and find them to be extremely kind and friendly people. Each time I see my neighbors, I always give a wave and am friendly.. I though have not been able to communicate well with most of the neighbors on my street and do feel it is the rear drive which is very common here in Dallas.

I tell you this though, there are people here just like you who are natives and would love to meet others and sometimes don't have the time or know of the resources.

21 years ago when I was very young and not yet married, I had a great time here in Dallas with my buds... I was a social night owl who loved to go out on a constant basis.. Had tons of friends. Give it a chance and try some of the groups I suggested. I do know that people who move here from the east coast have a hard time adjusting to the attitude of how we are in public and how we act as a society.. a friend of my husbands said he was so use to people being a certain way where he lived in Connecticut and then moved here and thought we were a bunch of fakes.. then he realized we weren't and has settled in and loves it...

I truly wish you the very best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas