Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2016, 10:11 PM

2 posts, read 2,508 times

Advertisements

Does anyone use Allen Express from North/South Hub in Allen to Parker St. DART station in Plano on a regular basis? Are these buses reliable? I have to rely on these buses to commute to work and am thinking of relocating to Allen, TX, so this information would be extremely valuable. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 09:18 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,119,549 times
Why complicate your life more than you have to? Just pick a better location near work or at least with access toDART, walking to to bus stop, taking bus, changing to DART and then walking to work ... then repeating it in the evening would be PITA in hot months. I don't have any personal experience but folks who do it are almost always complainting.

Last edited by UnfairPark; 11-29-2016 at 09:30 AM..

Old 11-29-2016, 09:48 AM

427 posts, read 487,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
Why complicate your life more than you have to? Just pick a better location near work or at least with access toDART, walking to to bus stop, taking bus, changing to DART and then walking to work ... then repeating it in the evening would be PITA in hot months. I don't have any personal experience but folks who do it are almost always complainting.
Wow, you never seem to stop bashing Allen? Answer to question straight forward and stay on the message if you can. You do not know OP's other circumstances for preferring Allen, may be spouse job or family nearby or he likes it or something else.
If you cannot answer to the point, leave Allen alone. With your logic, all people who work in Dallas should only live in Dallas or HP/UP. Or may be even better, live in the same building, you can just take an elevator and go up or down.. That's not the case with everyone, different people will have different situations, preferences and choices.

Last edited by DFWUser1; 11-29-2016 at 10:11 AM..

Old 11-29-2016, 10:32 AM

5,248 posts, read 6,331,190 times
Quote:
I don't have any personal experience but folks who do it are almost always complainting.
I have personal experience with that drive and everyone is always complaining, so either/or people are going to complain. It's what people like to do.

I don't have experience with that particular ride, but bus service in Allen has been questionable in the past (I believe they are on their 3rd vendor in the past few years) and I'd not want to count on it. Allen isn't very interested in providing quality public transit quite yet (as they really don't have a need quite yet), so they pick fly-by-night providers instead of coming up with a serious comprehensive plan.

I'm sure day-to-day it's mostly serviceable.

Old 11-29-2016, 12:20 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,119,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWUser1 View Post
Wow, you never seem to stop bashing Allen? Answer to question straight forward and stay on the message if you can. You do not know OP's other circumstances for preferring Allen, may be spouse job or family nearby or he likes it or something else.
If you cannot answer to the point, leave Allen alone. With your logic, all people who work in Dallas should only live in Dallas or HP/UP. Or may be even better, live in the same building, you can just take an elevator and go up or down.. That's not the case with everyone, different people will have different situations, preferences and choices.
What? We are talking about a commute and transportation issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: