Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2017, 08:23 AM

97 posts, read 91,554 times

Advertisements

Hope all are doing great! Thank you very much in advance.

Can there be 2 association fees for one house in Irving, Texas?

One HOA and other Las Colinas Association Fee?

Can you guys please share your knowledge on this?

We will sincerely appreciate all info.
Thank you very much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 08:43 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,173,288 times
If you're thinking of buying a particular home, ask your realtor. Better yet, ask the neighbors of the house you are interested in.

I've only seen cases like this in gated communities, where the gated homes are part of a larger HOA as well. They paid a fee for the overall HOA, but then the homes in the gated part also had to pay a separate fee that was just for their neighborhood.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:44 AM

7,885 posts, read 11,325,368 times
I do not know for sure about this but can see it being true from some slight LC knowledge I have seen some gated neighborhoods in LC too and believe they would have separate HOAs to collect gating and other neighborhood unique costs on top of overall LC. This is a guess on my part as I am not overly familiar with LC.

I know in Houston there are some dual taxing authorities in some communities where a drainage district is needed in some areas of Houston on top of the usual MUD services provided in areas not in a city in Houston area. From the deep dark recesses of my past I think some area of LC have some special taxing district at least for the commercial areas like this drainage associate in a few selected parts of Houston area.

You need a better source than me but I can see it being possible cant say how likely

Old 01-17-2017, 09:00 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,169,658 times
Your real estate agent, or the HOA, are required to provide you with copies of all applicable restrictive convenants before you purchase. There may be nominal copying/document fees. You should then READ the restrictive covenants, as well as checking out any liens/outstanding legal judgements against any HOAs. This is all public information but you may have to search a bit.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:06 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,124,694 times
It's possible, ask your agent.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:23 AM

3,423 posts, read 4,415,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenusa17 View Post

Thank you very much
Short answer is "yes".
Unfortunately because of the existence of the HOA(s) (and any management companies) you will have to purchase "subdivision information" including resale certificates to get information that is binding on the HOA(s). There is no obligation for any real estate agent to provide the information and whatever they tell you is not binding on the HOA corporations.

There can be multiple HOAs and there can be multiple "add on" fees. You can be forced to pay multiple resale certificate fees, multiple transfer fees (one to each management company if any and one to each HOA), multiple assessments during the term of ownership....

Las Colinas is not a city - it is a corporation burdening all the property within a large "master planned community" located within the city of Irving. It started in the 1970s and is still being added onto. Las Colinas is even a special case under a number of the Texas HOA statutes. It isn't mentioned by name, of course. Here's a link to the "management certificate" for Las Colinas Association which identifies the restrictive covenants burdening the properties within the MPC.
https://www.lascolinas.org/Docs/Mana...ertificate.pdf

Here is the site for the Las Colinas Association assessment and how it is calculated:
https://www.lascolinas.org/resident_assessment.html

Old 01-17-2017, 12:13 PM

40,920 posts, read 48,858,158 times
Yes, most all the subdivisions in Las Colinas will have 2 HOA's. Valley Ranch also has 2 in about half their subdivisions.

La Villita is the 1 area that only has 1 unless you are in the townhomes or condos.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:10 AM

2,611 posts, read 2,852,620 times
Yes, pretty much most houses in Las Colinas has 2 HOAs. The Las Colinas HOA fees is pretty cheap, near 200 per year.

Your additional subdivision HOAs fee can be steep though.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:39 AM

777 posts, read 1,205,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenusa17 View Post

Thank you very much
Yes, absolutely. I know of a development in Stonebridge Ranch (large development in McKinney) that pays one HOA for maintenance in their specific neighborhood, and a second HOA for Stonebridge Ranch amenities available to all of the neighborhoods that comprise Stonebridge. However, your neighborhood-specific HOA should be higher than the community-wide one.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:55 AM

8,097 posts, read 8,235,495 times
Yes, and here's the reason why: The entire zoned area may have an overlay HOA such as Las Colinas (which provides the flood water system maintenance -- in the form of canals -- and the privately paid security patrol) and then the individual neighborhood may have an HOA that pays for entry gates and/or common use grounds care or even shared pool, etc. Most LC neighborhoods do have 2 HOAs for that reason. Same for Valley Ranch, except VR doesn't have a private security force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas