Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 11:04 AM

948 posts, read 1,124,815 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to thank all you folks here who responded to this post and offered me good tips/advice on the car purchase. I really appreciate all the help.

I did closed the deal and got a really good deal as well at the end. I ended up buying it through DFW Audi. It was a long drive from where I lives, but definitely worth it at the end. They NEVER charged my cc for the $1000 deposit for the 'car search' as they claimed they would. I guess they just bluffed to make me commit to them. I even got a free upgrade on the exterior color that cost $575 on top of all the other discounts. They beat the other two competing dealer price as well. All in all, a good deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 09:42 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,776,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitynity View Post
Sent you a PM.
I understand they pay 'destination fee' for shipment from factory to their shop which is passed on to customer. But I am not picking the one from their lot, so they didn't pay for my unit(in Miami) and I am paying for the shipment, hence shouldn't it be absorbed by the 'destination fee' which I will eventually cover? or am I missing something here?
Destination and handling fees are what a manufacturer charges to get a car from the factory to the dealership, whether by ship, train or truck or all three. A manufacturer evens this cost across their entire fleet and charge the same amount whether the car is built in a local plant or shipped from Europe or Japan to the country. This only covers the cost to the initial dealership that ordered the car. It will not cover the cost of transferring the car from dealership to dealership once the car is considered in stock at any one dealership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas