Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 10:54 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysky View Post
I've actually perused craigslist for beaters. It's not so easy to find beater that runs for any reasonable price. They all seem to need engine or transmission work. I need to be able to drive it home & around the block every so often.

Unfortunately, the mailbox is of the shared community variety and not directly in front of the offender's home.
Seriously?? While I can understand that annoying neighbors are annoying, this reaction seems really over the top.
If you buy a beater, you'll still be looking at a car in front of your house everyday, and you'll have spent several hundred dollars to make sure that car belongs to you instead of somebody else? I fail to see the victory there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 10:57 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs418 View Post
It doesn't really grind my gears too much.... But the one house on the street that has tons of cars... Is my neighbor. Nice family but it seems they are a multi-family house so they have tons of cars. They try to be respectful and park as close to their house as possible.

I guess the thing that does bother me is that the guy has a BMW that is obviously is pet project. It takes up his garage and I have only seen him working on it, never driving it.
It's his garage to use as he wishes. I don't park in mine either, and it's also not that full of junk. There's a lot of strange assumptions in this thread that there's only one right way to live.. Anyway, that's why they invented HOA's!

Old 03-03-2017, 02:12 PM

537 posts, read 598,098 times
In my neighborhood, we have front driveways and garages. And yet people still park their cars on the street, making it difficult to get in and out of the neighborhood. Drives me nuts. Many people don't use garages for vehicles, and they often have driving aged children or extended family living with them which means the 3rd or 4th cars get parked on the street.

More neighborhoods need to have those communal parking areas.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:19 PM

450 posts, read 555,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
It's his garage to use as he wishes. I don't park in mine either, and it's also not that full of junk. There's a lot of strange assumptions in this thread that there's only one right way to live.. Anyway, that's why they invented HOA's!
My point was that there garage is taken up by a vehicle that they don't use/ doesn't run yet he decides to park his giant SUVs (partially) in front of my house.

They are a nice family, keep to themselves, and don't make noise so I let it slide. Doesn't mean I like it though.

I could indeed call the HOA and get them fined, but why would I want to start trouble?

Old 03-03-2017, 11:48 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Are they blocking your drive? If not, why have a fit? We have a back alley entrance, two car garage with room for a couple of other cars in the drive. From time to time we have people park in front of our house on the street. There is a high school half a block away and during their homecoming and another homecoming that uses their stadium, we have cars packed on our street. It's for about three hours and affects us in no way aside from our dog barking to tell us there are people on our street.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:39 AM

13 posts, read 13,459 times
yes it's aggravating. I have neighbors who park their 2 cars plus they are the "Party" house meaning every weekend their 10's of family members go to release and undwind keeping me up at night with their hooping and hollering. Then, there is a elementary school and people park right at the pathway to my house. It is impolite and nasty, during Christmas I want to see my beautiful Christmas tree sparkling in the front window however I have to look at a beat down will never work car. ugggh where are the Leave it to Beaver times?

Old 03-05-2017, 06:35 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Because your neighbors are A-holes.

y.
This.
This is the only right answer.
EVERYONE with two brain cells and a heartbeat knows it's a douche move to park in front of your neighbor's house. They just don't care.

I've taken to tossing bird seed on my lawn near the spot people like to park.
It's worked well.

Old 03-05-2017, 09:55 AM

70 posts, read 313,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
This.
This is the only right answer.
EVERYONE with two brain cells and a heartbeat knows it's a douche move to park in front of your neighbor's house. They just don't care.

I've taken to tossing bird seed on my lawn near the spot people like to park.
It's worked well.
Ooh, I like the bird seed idea.

To reiterate, if it was somebody's occasional guest or repairman, etc. I wouldn't care. What angers me are the neighbors parking there overnight on a daily basis when they have empty parking in front of their own home and aren't using their driveway/garage in the back.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:10 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysky View Post
Ooh, I like the bird seed idea.

To reiterate, if it was somebody's occasional guest or repairman, etc. I wouldn't care. What angers me are the neighbors parking there overnight on a daily basis when they have empty parking in front of their own home and aren't using their driveway/garage in the back.
If you like the birdseed idea, let me ask...do you have a dog?

Old 03-05-2017, 10:36 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citychik View Post
Isn't that what streets are generally used for?
I don't get it either, and I have lived most of my life in suburbs. Perhaps I don't get it because I'm not a native Texan, but I have generally found Texans to be the friendliest, nicest, and most down to earth people in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: