Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 11:18 PM

2 posts, read 5,719 times

Advertisements

Thanks for your input guys! I'll be flying to Dallas in the a few weeks to scope out the vibe of uptown and Los colinas. I'll be sure to keep all your advices in mind! I appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 11:10 AM

29 posts, read 45,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTXman34 View Post
There's also the Design District, which at least gives you closer access to 35 while still being within a 5 min uber ride from Uptown.
Not sure if you've done your trip yet, but I second Design District. A very good compromise--fun venues like Community brewing and Bishop Cidercade and some tasty restaurants like Meddlesome Moth. Plus, still close to Uptown for their nightlife.

Old 04-30-2017, 10:45 AM

1,447 posts, read 1,485,997 times
You'll be happier in Las Colinas I expect.
For the most part probably same demographic.
However less crime likely, less parking headaches, less late night noise and issues.
Closer to your work.
Same access to trails.
I'd be interested in price differences...guessing LC is cheaper, but not sure about that.
Probably more outside/sidewalk bars and restaurants concentrated in Uptown, but do you need that every night?
More bars probably mean more street noise...people yelling outside your window at 3am.

Old 04-30-2017, 02:41 PM

370 posts, read 624,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLynn View Post
You'll be happier in Las Colinas I expect.
For the most part probably same demographic.
However less crime likely, less parking headaches, less late night noise and issues.
Closer to your work.
Same access to trails.
I'd be interested in price differences...guessing LC is cheaper, but not sure about that.
Probably more outside/sidewalk bars and restaurants concentrated in Uptown, but do you need that every night?
More bars probably mean more street noise...people yelling outside your window at 3am.

I live two blocks off McKinney and I have never had anyone yelling outside my window at 3am. McKinney Ave itself can be really crazy but if you don't live directly on that street it's pretty quiet, even on Saturday nights.

Old 04-30-2017, 03:01 PM

2,134 posts, read 2,115,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photostoresheila View Post
I live two blocks off McKinney and I have never had anyone yelling outside my window at 3am. McKinney Ave itself can be really crazy but if you don't live directly on that street it's pretty quiet, even on Saturday nights.
I know. The West Village area is busy, but not where most of the party scene is located. I love the scare tactics by some of the suburbanites on here, many of whom are realtors lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas