Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2008, 01:56 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,152,085 times

Advertisements

Lots of trolls in SF!!!!

Old 06-26-2008, 02:10 PM

70 posts, read 162,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplace View Post
Maybe SF should promote tourist photos of the Ingleside or Geneva street to become known for ugly city streets.

You mean as ugly as El Camino Real down the peninsula?

Yeah, such as a defecating panhandler.

That's because what is a tourist attraction in SF is ordinary in Dallas. Plenty of green forest here compared to the barrenness of SF.

Now we know you're a troll.
Trolling isn't a crime. And it is still a little less insane than comparing ugly Dallas to beautiful San Francisco in order to TRY to make people think that Dallas is better than Denver.

By the way, do I really have to even bother to pull beautiful photos out the SF thread and re-post them here to illustrate how much more picturesque SF is compared to Dallas. Somehow, I would find that degrading to SF.

Dallas can't EVEN be compared to SF beauty-wise and not even you could really believe that. I understand that you're just being silly now and grasping at straws because you realize that Dallas can't even compare to beating Denver in the beauty department.

I realize that it looks like I'm trolling now. I only wanted to tell the original poster that they would probably like Denver better (like most people).

SF is untouchable. Ace only insults it because he thinks he is getting to me. But I've got news for everyone. SF isn't my home town at all. Yes, I prefer it to Dallas, but insults regarding the people in SF don't really effect me all that much. I'm from Fort Worth originally. Feel free to trash that town all you want - I don't like it either.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:19 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galore View Post
Dallas not green?? Must have painted the trees then
75238 - Google Maps
No kidding. I'm trying to find all that green in Denver that Dallas doesn't have. Even the foothills of Denver are pretty brown and not a twig in sight.
denver colorado - Google Maps

Of course an hour outside of Denver in one direction is that LOVELY green oasis called Limon.
limon colorado - Google Maps

Old 06-26-2008, 02:21 PM

4 posts, read 11,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Denver may be smaller than the Metroplex (I think 2.9 Million or so live in Boulder-Denver metro vs. 6 Million in DFW), BUT it serves as the anchor for the region, being the only major city for many, many, many miles. The closest major cities to Denver are Salt Lake (512 miles away) and Kansas City (615 miles away), so Denver serves as the cultural regional and employment center for the Rocky Mountain states. The closest major city to DFW, Houston is a mere 240 miles away to compare.

Not to mention it's a major transportation hub (being halfway between the West Coast and the Midwest) and center for telecommunications. So, yeah, smaller, but no backwater either.
I just had to mention - Albuquerque is about 460 miles from Denver, and Austin is actually the closes major city at 192 miles away. There's also Oklahoma City at about 204 miles north of DFW, and technically, the closest major city would be Fort Worth (which is very different from Dallas in terms of culture and even layout/terrain, etc.) at about 30 miles due west.

I've been to CO, but not Denver. But I've lived in Dallas on and off for 10 years, and I love this city. It's very humid in the mornings during summer - I got in my car this morning at 6:45am and it was already about 76 degrees and very muggy, but during the hot days of summer all that usually burns off by mid-day. And yes, those days may be 95-100+ in the dead of summer, but a dryer heat is always better. As for winter here in Dallas, it doesn't get really cold until January, but then it will be a pretty bitter cold for maybe a month before it returns to more mild temperatures. The best thing I can say about our seasons: Winter lasts 1.5 - 2 months, summer last 6 months (it stays quite hot through almost all of October - still in the 90s everyday), and the rest is really beautiful. When it's spring or fall, it's truly gorgeous.

Needless to say, Dallas has nearly everything you'd ever need in terms of offerings/services/shopping/dining. It's very wooded, a lot moreso than people would imagine with it being on the rolling plains of North Texas. You should come take a visit sometime, if you haven't. It's vibrant and has a huge art/music scene. There is literally always something going on somewhere in the city. It's also a very multicultural metropolis, which I love. A lot of people think "Oh Dallas...just rich white people and Mexicans" which could not be further from the truth (granted, there are tons of both) Anyway, hope this helps. Good luck making any decisions you might make about either city - I'm sure Denver is pretty awesome as well.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Glassbox probably works out in Legacy and has his cube mates pressuring him to go to Prestonwood Baptist.
OMYGOSH!!! Cheers to you that is HYSTERICAL!!!

Meanwhile back at the ranch I've just come back from a jaunt out thru the backroads of Dallas, Collin and Rockwall Counties. Lots of rolling terrain, tons of trees, ponds, etc. You know what though, I think box got out and saw the same thing I did. He was along the side of the road grazing . I started to call the county sheriff to let them know a local politician was loose if ya know what I mean

Old 06-26-2008, 02:25 PM

I guess I need to do my own photo essay of Dallas to illustrate my point. There may be some areas that stay green until early summer, but after around August and certainly in the winter months it will be deader looking than El Paso.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
OMYGOSH!!! Cheers to you that is HYSTERICAL!!!

Meanwhile back at the ranch I've just come back from a jaunt out thru the backroads of Dallas, Collin and Rockwall Counties. Lots of rolling terrain, tons of trees, ponds, etc.
Wow, that sounds AMAZING. I sure hope you didn't crap in your panties from all the excitement of watching the rolling terrain and ton of trees and ponds.

You better not go up the Denver back roads up into the mountains, you'll give yourself a heart attack.

BTW, you better not let the cops see what you have evidently been "grazing" on.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:34 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,152,085 times
Um we don't talk to ladies like that here...

Old 06-26-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassbox View Post
Wow, that sounds AMAZING. I sure hope you didn't crap in your panties from all the excitement of watching the rolling terrain and ton of trees and ponds.

You better not go up the Denver back roads up into the mountains, you'll give yourself a heart attack.

BTW, you better not let the cops see what you have evidently been "grazing" on.
Nope, sure didn't as I'm VERY used to seeing the varying terrain.

I've been on more backroads in the Colorado Mountains than most people that have lived in Colorado their entire lives. My husband actually thinks crossing the Continental Divide is boring. This of course was just hours after being atop Mt Evans. I bet I could make you crap your drawers though. Wanna go 4-wheeling w/ us when we go to Ouray. Been doing that for YEARS! The "Denver backroads" are NOTHING! Been there, done that. No big deal.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Nope, sure didn't as I'm VERY used to seeing the varying terrain.

I've been on more backroads in the Colorado Mountains than most people that have lived in Colorado their entire lives. My husband actually thinks crossing the Continental Divide is boring. This of course was just hours after being atop Mt Evans. I bet I could make you crap your drawers though. Wanna go 4-wheeling w/ us when we go to Ouray. Been doing that for YEARS! The "Denver backroads" are NOTHING! Been there, done that. No big deal.
Yes, I can see how driving around the almost FLAT Dallas area back roads and looking at trees would pale in excitement compared to going up the rockies.

Wait a minute. No I can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas