Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2017, 09:05 AM

272 posts, read 246,143 times

Advertisements

Hey,

If anyone has absolutely any information or advice on the condos i will be listing i will greatly appreciate it!
Whether it is from personal experience, what you have heard from others, if you know anyone living there.
I'd absolutely love your feedback!

I'm currently debating on three buildings that i would like to live at. Please let me know if you know anything good and bad about the building, service, demographics, etc

I will state again, I am a single 27 year old young professional!

W-Dallas Residences
Ritz-Carlton Tower Residences
The House Condo

Thank you very much and have a great day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 10:46 AM

2 posts, read 2,723 times
Speaking from my own experience of living at the W for many years and having neighbors who have lived in all 3 buildings. Its just a matter of taste and expectations. If I was 40 and under and enjoyed a modern look with floor to ceiling windows and views that really are as good as anyone else choose the W. If you like a quieter more refined/traditional look the Ritz is no question the place to be. Beautiful grounds and location is a good as it gets in town. Nothing bad to say about the House but its just too close to the major freeway so the noise on the balcony's is significantly higher than the W or Ritz. If you dont use the balcony at all irrelevant I suppose. But the hotel services the W and Ritz provide also are a selling point to me maybe not to everyone of course. If you like meeting people from all over the country/world in random everyday occurrences the W or Ritz have the leg up as you share a pool/bar with hotel guests. Again some people may not like this but if your young and single you likely will find this appealing. All 3 are nice places and all 3 have their pluses and minus it really comes down to your individual style/taste. No right or wrong answer here.

Old 05-06-2017, 03:27 PM

272 posts, read 246,143 times
Thanks i appreciate it!

That was perfect.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:59 AM

1,447 posts, read 1,484,640 times
All very very different places and potentially very very different prices.
Obviously there are exceptions....but I'd say Ritz is mostly older with older money.
They've had younger people like Athletes and Designers living there that were in college or right out of college, but that's probably the exception.
On the hotel side think of who the target or actual Ritz Carlton customer is....that's who bought condos there. CEOs, Real Weath.
Probably next down is W.... think again lifestyle W caters to on the hotel side.... younger, hipper, mid-teir, maybe making good money, but not wealthy yet. Formerly home to Ghost Bar and the crowd it caters to...I'd probably take that segment and add 10 years to it for the owners. Probably more mindset for the owners, versus age.
House is probably age range more in line. If I remember right though they had a very very tough sale at House and ended up renting many of them after it came online. If I remember right then tried several different tactics to get sales. Could have been timing or marketing or connections.
One thing a colleague in another country suggested....and I consider that now....the ones that are attached to a brand hotel have some incentive for maintenance. They're going to push more likely to keep it in better condition. If it is stand alone, sometimes there is less incentive. Different country....different mentality, but I keep that in the back of my mind.
There may be some better options for you besides those 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas