Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 10:28 PM

1,982 posts, read 2,088,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisco19542 View Post
I am seeing both asians from Asia and from the us. I thought the majority moving lately were Japanese but it appears there are lots of Koreans and Chinese. When you combine them with south asians the area is changing in demographics very fast.

From a property value standpoint this is good but not sure about non asains in certain areas. i lived in California and certain neighborhoods turned a similar way after they were built. In la there was a good reason as they were close to ports and easy access to Asia. I was just wondering are we seeing those people leave California and moving to dallas.
I've actually been surprised by the apparent growth of the Japanese population. Five years ago, the only Japanese people I knew were family members, or through them. Now, I encounter them every day in Carrollton around H-Mart and 99 Ranch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 06:02 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,172,267 times
I recall listening to something on radio about this topic and they mentioned that Irving, Carrollton, Coppell, Richardson, Plano, Frisco, Castle Hills (Lewisville), Allen, Murphy and McKinney have highest number of Indians and other Asians in DFW area but numbers are increasing in South lake, Prosper, Park Cities, Preston Hollow, Celina, Flower mound and Keller etc.

Frisco realtors are well versed in religious/cultural needs of Indians. Neighborhoods like Richwoods are known as little India. One realtor who worked with Toll in FM and recently in Lexington Frisco, said he sold dozens of houses to Indians families in both subdivisions. Japanese and Chinese are more scattered, South Asians tend to cluster together.

Just other day saw a huge Indian Grocery store in Frisco. West Plano seems to gain popularity among Jews, wealthy/modern ones have Inshai Torah near Plano West and more orthodox ones have a Chabbad center near Park & Coit. Lots of Middle Easterns in Irving, Richardson and Murphy. It seems there is at least one mosque, one ethnic church and one Hindu temple in every town. Texas, at least in metro areas, is very diverse and welcoming.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:44 AM

317 posts, read 239,050 times
the grocery store is called indiabazar,opened 7th location in dfw.they had huge sale as opening weekend.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:19 AM

158 posts, read 181,023 times
Its very heartwarming to see such ethnic diversity in this part of the metroplex.

As an (Asian) Indian myself, here's what I've gleaned:

A lot of Indians are transplants from the Left coasts. That's obvious if you look at car number plates while stuck in traffic.
A good number of these have work-from-home setups so location is irrelevant for them.
Another group are the IT consulting types, traveling on weekdays and needed a base location.
DFW, with a good many tech jobs, a relatively low COL (??) and nice public schools seems a good fit for those reasons.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:01 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,172,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuninja View Post
the grocery store is called indiabazar,opened 7th location in dfw.they had huge sale as opening weekend.
I remember that store was called Patel something as my friend told me that his dentist has same last name. Is Patel a very big family or is it a common last name?

Old 05-22-2017, 02:13 PM

122 posts, read 162,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
I remember that store was called Patel something as my friend told me that his dentist has same last name. Is Patel a very big family or is it a common last name?

Very common last name, like Smith common.

Old 05-22-2017, 04:30 PM

3 posts, read 6,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
I hope you're being sarcastic

Old 05-22-2017, 09:32 PM

317 posts, read 239,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinji087 View Post
I hope you're being sarcastic
its common name

Old 05-23-2017, 07:23 AM

165 posts, read 196,746 times
H1-B visa basically.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:47 AM

371 posts, read 553,714 times
Way to generalize! Not all Indians here are on H-1Bs - there are a bunch of Green Card holders and citizens who are relocating from other states for jobs/cost of living/other reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iberanon View Post
H1-B visa basically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas