Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 10:39 PM

230 posts, read 398,228 times

Advertisements

Hello good people of CD! We've been living in Plano close to 4 years soon but I've never been at Dallas Cowboys stadium before, other than in transit driving through Arlington once or twice. Everything I'm reading so far about traffic and $$$$$ parking says just leave your car at home and get an Uber, or something like that. From what I understand there is no direct way to get to Arlington from Plano via DART. I just need some advice, especially travelling with kiddos, what's the best way to get there....and preferably back in one piece. Is it as bad as I'm reading about stadium events or it only pertains to the games? I can't imagine Metallica sold out show being any different in that regard. Good advice is greatly appreciated. TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 11:38 PM

420 posts, read 403,048 times
Uber. Coming home will be a little bit of a cluster, but way better than the other options.

Old 05-24-2017, 06:55 AM

1,190 posts, read 2,634,469 times
Uber estimates show the fare would be approximately $50 each way (for a basic Uber) You would be looking at $100
Parking will run you anywhere from $30-50. I think the parking is very organized and flows quickly out of of the area after events. I would just drive.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:22 AM

8,115 posts, read 3,663,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydoc View Post
Hello good people of CD! We've been living in Plano close to 4 years soon but I've never been at Dallas Cowboys stadium before, other than in transit driving through Arlington once or twice. Everything I'm reading so far about traffic and $$$$$ parking says just leave your car at home and get an Uber, or something like that. From what I understand there is no direct way to get to Arlington from Plano via DART. I just need some advice, especially travelling with kiddos, what's the best way to get there....and preferably back in one piece. Is it as bad as I'm reading about stadium events or it only pertains to the games? I can't imagine Metallica sold out show being any different in that regard. Good advice is greatly appreciated. TIA.
In the same boat! We've pretty much decided on driving, I can't imagine trying to find uber in a crowd of tens of thousands of people.

Yes, it is pretty much sold out, but considering the way the stage is, a lot of the seats are behind, so I assume they don't sell those.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifw View Post
Uber estimates show the fare would be approximately $50 each way (for a basic Uber) You would be looking at $100
Parking will run you anywhere from $30-50. I think the parking is very organized and flows quickly out of of the area after events. I would just drive.
Out of lots 11,12, or 13, which one would you pick? thanks

Old 05-24-2017, 09:55 AM

19,769 posts, read 18,055,300 times
Quote:
You know it's sad but true. As a lowly master of puppets and little else I'd rather ride the lightening than allow my alter ego st. anger to appear due to traffic stress and load and reload and kill 'em all so I'd take uber and sow some justice for all instead.

Old 05-24-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
You know it's sad but true. As a lowly master of puppets and little else I'd rather ride the lightening than allow my alter ego st. anger to appear due to traffic stress and load and reload and kill 'em all so I'd take uber and sow some justice for all instead.

Hahahaha LOL. Yes indeed Thank You.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
In the same boat! We've pretty much decided on driving, I can't imagine trying to find uber in a crowd of tens of thousands of people.

Yes, it is pretty much sold out, but considering the way the stage is, a lot of the seats are behind, so I assume they don't sell those.
My friend just drove by our house and I told him we were going to see Metallica. He just checked Ticketmaster and tickets within semi-normal price are still available. He said that it may make sense to negotiate round trip with local car service. This way surge in demand for UberX won't affect you. That thought of remaining completely sober at Metallica concert was a little "daunting" hahaha. So we may opt out for someone driving us there. Dealing with parking, and traffic before that kinda sucks. We just want to get there and back in one piece "And nothing else matter".

Old 05-25-2017, 07:17 AM

422 posts, read 542,035 times
Quote:
My friend just drove by our house and I told him we were going to see Metallica. He just checked Ticketmaster and tickets within semi-normal price are still available. He said that it may make sense to negotiate round trip with local car service. This way surge in demand for UberX won't affect you. That thought of remaining completely sober at Metallica concert was a little "daunting" hahaha. So we may opt out for someone driving us there. Dealing with parking, and traffic before that kinda sucks. We just want to get there and back in one piece "And nothing else matter".

I had an absolute nightmare of an experience trying to get an Uber out of the Garth Brooks concert in San Antonio last year. Live Uber and use it often, it just won't be after a large scale event like that again!

Old 05-25-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post

Good one .

I would like to avoid (st.) anger as much as anybody, but, seriously, the surge will be probably humongous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas