Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 03:00 PM

372 posts, read 710,231 times

Advertisements

There are some really nice areas to live near Plano Parkway on the west side. I would never count out the older homes in Plano, they tend to be the best built verses the newer homes. Yes Wylie and Sachse are nice but yes far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 04:20 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvdallas2017 View Post
My office is in West Plano Parkway.

You are correct , I saw google traffic and it says 25-40 minutes in morning between 6 and 9

Frisco , Mckinney is 40-60 minutes in rush hour
It's now Friday afternoon rush hour. From DNT & Plano Road to Sasche is 35 minutes and to Wylie is 45 minutes...not counting how far away your home would be from the major highways so probably add another 5-15 minutes to both.

I'd take a hard look at central Plano. $400k's is a great budget and you could even shop a little lower and save $50-100k for updates if needed.

If you want a decent drive with newer homes, then Allen west of 75 could be a good option. Friday rush hour drive time is currently about 30 minutes. I'd rather be in Allen (and close to Plano/ McKinney/ Frisco for activies and entertainment) than out in Wylie, but YMMV.

Old 06-23-2017, 04:42 PM

554 posts, read 683,181 times
So, in all fairness, I've only made this drive once, so take this with a grain of salt...

Years ago, I had a doc that wanted me to get a blood draw done by Quest Diagnostics - while this might not seem relevant, it was a fasting blood draw and I am a morning person (and a breakfast person.) Cut to me searching possible Quest sites throughout the general area that had the earliest times, as I might eat my own arm if I have to wait longer than 8am, seeing as how I generally wake up at 5am.

To my surprise, the Wylie Quest had openings at 7am - whoohoo! Miss traffic AND get to eat early! We were living on the Allen/McKinney border at the time - right off 75. While the drive there wasn't TOO awful, the blood draw took all of 10 minutes and the drive to central Plano (where I was working at the time), took over an hour. Ugh. I am admittedly a worse person in life when I have to deal with traffic, but with the population explosion in DFW since that happened, I'd advise against Wylie...

Old 06-25-2017, 12:27 AM

50 posts, read 67,739 times
Sachse and Wylie are both great options if you are okay with the commute. I would recommend Wylie more so because the schools are rated so highly. But I think you would be happy with either option. Research the builders and the communities, and I recommend utilizing a Realtor too.

I am in a similar situation, because my husband's job is moving everyone from the Irving office to their West Plano office. Wylie and Sachse were definitely on our short list of places to move. We ended up settling on nearby Rowlett. My husband isn't thrilled with the commute, but it's definitely doable.

Old 06-25-2017, 07:16 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,170,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherDFW View Post
Sachse and Wylie are both great options if you are okay with the commute. I would recommend Wylie more so because the schools are rated so highly. But I think you would be happy with either option. Research the builders and the communities, and I recommend utilizing a Realtor too.

I am in a similar situation, because my husband's job is moving everyone from the Irving office to their West Plano office. Wylie and Sachse were definitely on our short list of places to move. We ended up settling on nearby Rowlett. My husband isn't thrilled with the commute, but it's definitely doable.
If commute is longer and schools are lesser then what's the point in buying there?

Old 06-25-2017, 11:13 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,799,366 times
I lived in Sachse about 12 years ago. The area of Sachse I lived in was Wylie schools, so you need to watch if you're talking Wylie ISD or Garland ISD. I hated the drive 12 years ago, and I would definitely hate it today.

At a $450k budget, I wouldn't be in Sachse or Wylie working in West Plano.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:49 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,128,379 times
Wylie is its own ISD, while I think Sachse is still part of Garland ISD.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:50 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,128,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post

At a $450k budget, I wouldn't be in Sachse or Wylie working in West Plano.
This is going to be at least an hour commute each way, every day of the week.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:55 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,742,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Climber View Post
Wylie is its own ISD, while I think Sachse is still part of Garland ISD.
Sachse in Collin County is Wylie ISD.

Parts of Wylie are zoned to Rockwall ISD and Plano ISD.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:22 AM

1,783 posts, read 2,570,917 times
Google says it's currently 33minutes from Cinemark on the tollway to Wylie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas