Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 09:06 AM

1,079 posts, read 1,112,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggielina View Post
I know CS is conservative, but it also has a new age / pagan / witchcraft thing going on. Or maybe that was just the area where my family lived in Manitou Springs. It seemed like that were palm readers and crystal stores everywhere. I didn't know much about the area before I visited family and I was a bit shocked to learn of its conservative credentials after seeing what I saw there!

Manitou Springs is definitely not representative of COS as a whole. Most of COS is very conservative (for better or for worse).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 12:41 PM

44 posts, read 42,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggielina View Post
I know CS is conservative, but it also has a new age / pagan / witchcraft thing going on. Or maybe that was just the area where my family lived in Manitou Springs. It seemed like that were palm readers and crystal stores everywhere. I didn't know much about the area before I visited family and I was a bit shocked to learn of its conservative credentials after seeing what I saw there!
Manitou Springs is a quirky little town with a new-agey type character and is nothing like Colorado Springs.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:26 PM

5 posts, read 6,832 times
Someone mentioned there's nothing to do in Dallas, I guess it depends on what you like to do. We enjoy the many lakes here (we live on Grapevine Lake), we hike on the trails here, we enjoy the nightlife of Dallas (Lower Greenville very nice area of bars) & Southlake, we visit the theme parks, short drive to Austin and San Antonio and visit all the state parks in between here and there. Oh my gosh, there's waterparks, museums, wine tours (my favorite ), and so many great restaurants (try Abacus, so great!). Anyways my point is there's tons here to do if you worried about leaving San Diego and wondering about stuff to do here in DFW. We're from Chicago and we love it here! The cost living is much cheaper and you can get soooo much more house for the money. If you love church...there's a church on every corner and I mean HUGE churches. LOL! We have a kiddo also and I won't even go into the long list of things to do with your kids here. The schools are great also and of course like anywhere it depends on where you live in DFW.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:32 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,074 times
If you are a conservative, you will be sure to find your "tribe" in Texas. However, Texas is HOT, has little in the way of natural beauty in comparison with California. If money was not an issue for me, no way would I live in Texas although I have lived here since 1976 and retired here where I live by a wonderful lake.

But again, compared to California or the Pacific Northwest, there is no comparison. I hope you will investigate other areas before you make your decision. Us liberals are everwhere! LOL And so are conservatives. You will find like-minded people pretty much wherever you go...Best of luck in your search. But I hope you think very carefully before leaving the home you describe.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:26 PM

140 posts, read 178,712 times
Yes you are crazy. Stay in SD

Old 07-29-2017, 06:09 PM

8,145 posts, read 8,345,769 times
Elvis has left the building

Old 09-08-2017, 03:02 PM

989 posts, read 2,441,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timaay View Post
This is very helpful information, thank you! Southlake/Westlake is kind of what we have zero'd in on so far but will most definitely be looking over the entire metro area.

So uhh what'd you decide to do?

Count another vote for Colorado Springs from me.

If you can deal with the miserable summers here though it's not a bad place.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:49 PM

1,087 posts, read 782,186 times
TX is in Trumpland stronghold. Tijuana or Chihuahua will not take over. Other than USN ships and helicopters buzzing around in the harbor, there isn't much to miss.

Old 09-09-2017, 01:17 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,759,365 times
I like DFW, but you're crazy

Old 09-09-2017, 06:24 AM

964 posts, read 877,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
I like DFW, but you're crazy
See an I feel like someone staying in SD is crazy and I grew up in SoCal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas