Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 11:47 AM

2,885 posts, read 4,622,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Speaking of Cheeseheads:

(Fried) Cheese curds. J.J. Watt made a Downtown Pearland restaurant (run by a fellow Wisconsinite transplant) famous on his Instagram when he was craving something familiar from a 1,000 miles away.
That's awesome. I've only had cheese curds at the Tillamook Cheese Factory (in Tillamook, Oregon) and never had them fried, because I'm not crazy, UNLIKE THOSE DARN CHEESEHEADS!

(PS - I'll be in Milwaukee shortly and hope to have some great food in the Third Ward)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roskybosky View Post
Move to Coppell...
Oh yeah, there's a good pizza place nearby.
Do tell?! Usually the only time I'm eating in Coppell is at Hard 8, but good NY style pizza?!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 11:56 AM

22 posts, read 39,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
I'm not the poster you're replying to, but I have no clue what route that map is trying to show from Frisco to Irving (what's up with the giant line down to Waco?) The interactive tool doesn't seem to work well.

The most direct (and fastest) routes from most parts of Frisco to most parts of Irving involve taking the Dallas North Tollway (DNT) and/or the Bush Turnpike. Both of these are toll roads.

If you look at the NTTA website and rates https://www.ntta.org/custinfo/tollta...ators_2017.pdf, rather than the TXtag website, you can find the toll rates from various points. Sadly, I'm not finding an easy to use toll calculator. It's $1 one way from Legacy to the Bush toll road, and then going on the Bush to Macarthur is another $2.23 one way. So that's $3.23 each way for that. Not $10 round trip, but $6.46. That's ~$130/month if you're driving every day.
Thanks Stephwin and Synch.. for the detail.

Anyone has any experiences travelling on Coit road that seems to take same (45 mnts approx leaving at 7 ish AM) ) amount of time from lets say Lisburn lane (in Frisco), to 2140 Lake Park Blvd, Richardson, TX 75080 and could avoid tolls!? Would anyone recommend Coit road?

Old 07-19-2017, 11:59 AM

8,097 posts, read 8,231,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife View Post

Anyone has any experiences travelling on Coit road that seems to take same (45 mnts approx leaving at 7 ish AM) ) amount of time from lets say Lisburn lane (in Frisco), to 2140 Lake Park Blvd, Richardson, TX 75080 and could avoid tolls!? Would anyone recommend Coit road?

LBJ/635 between MacArthur in Irving and Coit is a total nightmare! Coit is not awful but many, many traffic signals and some school zones as well.

Old 07-19-2017, 12:28 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,093,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife View Post

Google maps is putting the distance at 11.6 miles, time to drive 27 minutes in both directions (Frisco to Richardson & the reverse).

"Recommend" is a strong word. Is it a possibility? Sure. Drive it and see for yourself if you like it!

Old 07-19-2017, 02:02 PM

1,399 posts, read 2,153,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
LBJ/635 between MacArthur in Irving and Coit is a total nightmare! Coit is not awful but many, many traffic signals and some school zones as well.
And driving it this time of year will be faster than driving it once school starts due to school zones and additional cars.

Old 07-19-2017, 03:52 PM

625 posts, read 1,948,299 times
logiclife, just one thing - Frisco is a great place to live, but you seem to strongly prefer it because of its current demographic profile. This is totally fine, I just wanted to let you know that Frisco's demographic profile is rapidly changing, and by the time your kids go to high school, I would expect it to have the same demographics as Coppell (or greater).

So, just balance out all the pros and cons carefully - the Frisco of today is not the same as the Frisco of tomorrow (the same goes for Coppell and Plano) Make the best decision for your family, but I would hate for you to get trapped into a long commute and then don't get your goals on the schooling front.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:21 PM

1,399 posts, read 2,153,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpected View Post
logiclife, just one thing - Frisco is a great place to live, but you seem to strongly prefer it because of its current demographic profile. This is totally fine, I just wanted to let you know that Frisco's demographic profile is rapidly changing, and by the time your kids go to high school, I would expect it to have the same demographics as Coppell (or greater).

So, just balance out all the pros and cons carefully - the Frisco of today is not the same as the Frisco of tomorrow (the same goes for Coppell and Plano) Make the best decision for your family, but I would hate for you to get trapped into a long commute and then don't get your goals on the schooling front.
Exactly, I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 years or so certain parts of FISD were more than 50% Asian/Indian. Like the Richwoods area in SE Frisco. Most Indians, not all obviously, tend to buy in new neighborhoods if possible. So if you do decide to go with Frisco and don't want a predominantly Indian school population, I would buy in an older neighborhood that isn't surrounded by new construction. That will also alleviate your concerns about rezoning.

For instance, I live in NW Frisco and my neighborhood was built in the mid 2000s. I've lived here since 2009 and we've never been rezoned for any school in that time because the area is built out. The demographics are as follows for the elementary: 77.9% white, 4.8% African American, 7.1% Asian, and 6.8% Hispanic. There are a few other categories that make up less than or equal to 3%. I don't see the school demographics shifting drastically and maybe these numbers aren't diverse enough for some people. It just depends on what you want.

The middle and high school demographics are similar, with Asians representing 8.8% and 6.4% of students, respectively. And then you look at the demographics for Liberty HS and it is almost 29% Asian.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:01 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,122,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpected View Post

Great insight. What's new today, is going to age tomorrow and what's a long commute today, that's definitely going to be longer tomorrow. Frisco is rapidly turning into Maharashtra 2.0 and anyone trying to avoid Indian majority should keep this in mind. It's a very nice town as long as you understand what are you bargaining for.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:19 PM

19,493 posts, read 17,729,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
Great insight. What's new today, is going to age tomorrow and what's a long commute today, that's definitely going to be longer tomorrow. Frisco is rapidly turning into Maharashtra 2.0 and anyone trying to avoid Indian majority should keep this in mind. It's a very nice town as long as you understand what are you bargaining for.
Isn't Frisco like 5 or 6% Indian? That's a long way from any kind of majority.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:13 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,122,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Isn't Frisco like 5 or 6% Indian? That's a long way from any kind of majority.
Obviously calling it Maharashtra 2.0 was exaggeration on my part but no can't be 5-6%. Frisco ISD is 25% Asian with some schools and subdivisions 40%+. I think town must be less than 20% Asian overall. Anyways, it's not going to be any diffrent than Coppell in few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas