U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2008, 11:36 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,325,624 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been here yet? I see they've upped their prices during spring break.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 11:45 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,165,243 times
You have to stay there at the resort to actually use the facilities. So at the moment, we aren't really planning on it.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:11 PM

14,862 posts, read 40,334,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post
Has anyone been here yet? I see they've upped their prices during spring break.
That is what I've heard from several. Won't be going there for Spring Break. I've heard of a few reports from those that have gone. Some of gone for birthday parties and thought it was GREAT! You can have 6 in a room w/ waterpark passes for all of them. For those I've heard only 1 night is needed as the passes are good for the day of check-in and check-out. Arcade is supposed to be really good. Waterpark itself I have heard reports that the older kids (teens) get bored w/ it really fast. Younger kids LOVE IT!

Think I'll wait till next school year and do it for a night the kids don't have school on a weeknight.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:30 PM

4,198 posts, read 14,478,451 times
We stayed there for 1 night about 6 weeks ago. Teenagers will get very bored quickly. Little kids love it. The rooms have a great theme with the flinstones furniture I call it. 1 king size bed, a sofa that converts into a queen and then a separate area with bunkbeds and another bed next to it and a TV. Refrigerator in the room. The arcade was a disappointment, similar to what you would find at Peter Piper or Chucky Cheese. But like I said for the little ones, it's nice, they have a treasure hunt around the entire building that would take hours.

And Oh myyyy... it is verrrrrry expensive. The waterpark is very very nice, they have a wave pool, 2 large hottubs, slides etc... then a kiddie pool, like Hawaian falls indoors and lots more.

You cannot bring any of your food in. You have to buy inside. Breakfast is NOT included so the buffet was $55 for 4 people, tip included, the choice is phenomenal though.

We stayed one night, you have to check in at 4pm... and check out at 11am but can use the pool until close. You can check out and put your things in the car or locker.

We spent around $650 for one night!!!! One other thing that you don't realize until you leave is how noisy it is in the waterpark, between the rides & the people.

There is a nice gift shop, a bathing suit store, a bakery, a pizza shop, a spa for mani-pedi.

Oh, and you can have additional people join you in your room for an additional $35 each.

Naima

Old 03-12-2008, 04:34 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,325,624 times
Thanks you all for the info, esp for the advice for the older teens, I have one of those. Does sound pricey .. good to know that the pool passes are good for the day you check in as well as the full day before you leave.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:52 PM

1,488 posts, read 4,964,671 times
Their website gives the current room rates and also has a number of 'customer reviews'.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:22 AM

11,091 posts, read 24,111,488 times
I haven't been in yet (local) but my friend on the City Council was there for the grand opening and loved it!

Instead of eating at their overpriced restaurants, hop in the car and visit some of the local places. Just 5 minutes down the road in almost any direction will bring you to several restaurants. There are a bunch by Grapevine Mills (including a Cracker Barrel) and more in downtown Grapevine, and still more at 114 and William D. Tate.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:15 PM

2 posts, read 9,447 times
Default Thank you and has any one been there in march or april yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
We stayed there for 1 night about 6 weeks ago. Teenagers will get very bored quickly. Little kids love it. The rooms have a great theme with the flinstones furniture I call it. 1 king size bed, a sofa that converts into a queen and then a separate area with bunkbeds and another bed next to it and a TV. Refrigerator in the room. The arcade was a disappointment, similar to what you would find at Peter Piper or Chucky Cheese. But like I said for the little ones, it's nice, they have a treasure hunt around the entire building that would take hours.

And Oh myyyy... it is verrrrrry expensive. The waterpark is very very nice, they have a wave pool, 2 large hottubs, slides etc... then a kiddie pool, like Hawaian falls indoors and lots more.

You cannot bring any of your food in. You have to buy inside. Breakfast is NOT included so the buffet was $55 for 4 people, tip included, the choice is phenomenal though.

We stayed one night, you have to check in at 4pm... and check out at 11am but can use the pool until close. You can check out and put your things in the car or locker.

We spent around $650 for one night!!!! One other thing that you don't realize until you leave is how noisy it is in the waterpark, between the rides & the people.

There is a nice gift shop, a bathing suit store, a bakery, a pizza shop, a spa for mani-pedi.

Oh, and you can have additional people join you in your room for an additional $35 each.

Naima
Thanks that is really good info, ive been researching this and I am learning more and more ways to save money, I was gonna do two days but now i see i can do one and save money by eating out other places also, yeaaa i wonder if 11 and 13 year old would like it, and what about one year olds???

Old 05-27-2008, 06:32 PM

117 posts, read 233,146 times
Smile Visited from Chicago the week after Easter

We were there with by brother who lives in Mansfield. We have a lot of indor waterparks in Wisconsin Dells ,about 4 hours from us so I was able to compare the one from TX. They also have one of those here. I think that it was overpriced for one thing. What we always do is to take a cooler with milk and maybe something that we can just put in the micro. We also take drinks and cereal for the kids along with chips. We went up to the room for lunch and only spend on one meal. The coffee place across from the game room has cheaper sandwiches and coffee than the rest of the place. The pool area could off been cleaner , as there were dirty towels all over the place and a lot of the tables had left over food for hours from people that had left the park. I hope this helps!

Old 01-01-2009, 08:37 PM

279 posts, read 969,921 times
I visited there. And its great. I was at the water park for 6 hours and it was still fun the next day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>