Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 03:59 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,215,003 times

Advertisements

My realtor is spending a lot of money and time on marketing my home that she wouldn't spend on a cheaper home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 08:21 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,408,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by some1livesinamerica View Post
Personally, i feel like by restricting MLS access to only realtors, it gives them an edge when it comes to buying/selling real estate.
Texas Real Estate industry spends millions in lobbying efforts to keep it that way.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:50 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdallas View Post
Texas Real Estate industry spends millions in lobbying efforts to keep it that way.
What else do you sell or buy that is public information? Your car? Your investments?

Why should houses be any different?

Old 08-02-2017, 11:07 AM

964 posts, read 877,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
What else do you sell or buy that is public information? Your car? Your investments?

Why should houses be any different?
You can certainly choose to post any of those things as public information. It is my asset that I am selling or buying. I should be able to choose to make that public. Furthermore the RE agent and agency works for the client. They should be able to dictate those terms. Finally the government of the people, paid by the people should be able to decide what is or is not published, not some lobbyist group.

And actually yes my investments are public. I own shares of Vanguard total stock market shares. You can see the price of a share any time you want.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:37 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,312,074 times
Maybe Dallas County appraisal district

Old 08-02-2017, 01:58 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyam11 View Post
You can certainly choose to post any of those things as public information. It is my asset that I am selling or buying. I should be able to choose to make that public. Furthermore the RE agent and agency works for the client. They should be able to dictate those terms. Finally the government of the people, paid by the people should be able to decide what is or is not published, not some lobbyist group.

And actually yes my investments are public. I own shares of Vanguard total stock market shares. You can see the price of a share any time you want.
The state disagrees with you and voted to keep this information private. Feel free to post the sales price anywhere you desire. The MLS system we Realtors pay for and support is a private system. We elect to not publish this information per state law.

If you don't like the way it's done you can easily start a website where people can publish their sales prices if they desire.

Feel free to send your sales information to the Tax District so they can publish the value and set your taxes.

Old 08-02-2017, 03:21 PM

964 posts, read 877,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The state disagrees with you and voted to keep this information private. Feel free to post the sales price anywhere you desire. The MLS system we Realtors pay for and support is a private system. We elect to not publish this information per state law.

If you don't like the way it's done you can easily start a website where people can publish their sales prices if they desire.

Feel free to send your sales information to the Tax District so they can publish the value and set your taxes.
And as someone pointed out this is because of the horrible Realtors lobbyists.

Old 08-03-2017, 02:21 PM

271 posts, read 295,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyam11 View Post
And as someone pointed out this is because of the horrible Realtors lobbyists.
I 100% agree with you on this issue kyam11! the reason that purchase price of real estate in Tx is private information is b/c the realtors want to be this way! By making it private information, it artificially creates a need for realtors. just like car dealerships. By law, car manufacturers are not allowed to sell directly to consumers.
When we decide to buy/sell houses, and we try to find a realtor to work with, they always tell us im here to help you to sell/buy your house blah blah, but in reality, they just want to make money, plain and simple.

Last edited by some1livesinamerica; 08-03-2017 at 02:50 PM..

Old 08-03-2017, 02:25 PM

Just like what tesla did, to eliminate dealerships and sell cars directly to consumers. some day, people will figure out ways to buy/sell without realtors.
opendoor, fsbo, even redfin, there are options out there. OR depends on the price of the house that you want to buy/sell, and how many you are planning to buy/sell in the foreseeable future, it might worth the effort to your own license. When i sell my house some day, i feel like i know the house that i lived in the past x # of years the best than some realtors that i have to a 6% commission to sell my house for.

Old 08-03-2017, 02:47 PM

the government is funded by tax payers, every single dollar that i make, i have to pay tax on it, and we cannot decide what we want the government do for us. Instead, how government comes up with regulations or policies has to be influenced by special interest group and lobbyists.... :-(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: