Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 11:34 AM

5,829 posts, read 4,168,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
In 2017, the goal of having money is to get more money. If you have to live in a condo in Plano to get more money, then that's what you do, because living someplace is ancillary to getting more money.
What a terrible existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 11:40 AM

2,134 posts, read 2,116,562 times
Quote:
In 2017, the goal of having money is to get more money. If you have to live in a condo in Plano to get more money, then that's what you do, because living someplace is ancillary to getting more money.
Quite a short-sighted and grim view you have on modern-day society. I don't know about your circles, but in mine, we like to make enough so that we can travel and enjoy life. Or being able to afford fun, local events.

Old 08-08-2017, 11:45 AM

5,264 posts, read 6,402,042 times
Quote:
Quite a short-sighted and grim view you have on modern-day society.
I just report I don't judge.

Old 08-08-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
I just report I don't judge.
I'm not sure you're wrong, unfortunately.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:38 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,172,957 times
Quote:
If work is in Plano then finding a luxury urban bubble within the suburb to avoid commute gives more time to enjoy life. It's not every day one wants to visit museums or zoo or other things Dallas has to offer, one can go there 30 times a year, instead of commuting to work twice a day, every day. Everything else is available in Plano and Frisco.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
If work is in Plano then finding a luxury urban bubble within the suburb to avoid commute gives more time to enjoy life. It's not every day one wants to visit museums or zoo or other things Dallas has to offer, one can go there 30 times a year, instead of commuting to work twice a day, every day. Everything else is available in Plano and Frisco.
Let me know when you find an "urban bubble" in Plano.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:26 PM

786 posts, read 1,222,662 times
The fundamental point here is the Business Journal is essentially repeating marketing fodder from a developer who is trying to portray a certain lifestyle associated with this tower. The bottom line is that 99.9% of Dallas / Park Cities residents South of 635 have no desire or need to relocate to a luxury tower in a Plano mixed-use development. That's not aspirational for anyone. No one says "I aspire to live in a million dollar + condo in Plano." That's just not a lifestyle you associate with Plano. People looking for that type of building and amenities currently in Dallas are going to look at something more like the Residences at the Ritz-Carlton.

I see this being (assuming the end product even materializes without them having to slash prices and adjust plans) a development that will appear to wealthy executives from outside the area who travel to the Legacy corridor frequently for work, or maybe a few wealthy people currently living in Collin County who desire a faux urban lifestyle.

I'm sure it'll be fine for what it is, but no one is going to flee Dallas to spend a million dollars to live in what's essentially a corporate office park with no comparable multi-family options. Most options in the legacy development are leased apartments and town homes in the ~500k range. It's never good in real estate to purchase when there are no comparable buildings in an area with predominantly apartments and single family homes.

Another post from the Plano Chamber of Commerce & booster club!

Old 08-08-2017, 05:57 PM

796 posts, read 930,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTXman34 View Post
Well to do Dallasistes leaving Dallas FOR Plano? Not on this planet.

There's nothing aesthetically pleasing about Plano, particularly the Legacy area. At least in parts of Dallas, you can get a nice skyline view. Maybe if they built it around a lake or something. But Legacy?
the dallas skyline is pretty underwhelming. I wouldn't want to live downtown if that were a major selling point.

I live in plano now, and it's just a really big sprawling suburb to me, so it's not like I prefer one over the other.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:19 PM

2,134 posts, read 2,116,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaniemac View Post
the dallas skyline is pretty underwhelming. I wouldn't want to live downtown if that were a major selling point.

I live in plano now, and it's just a really big sprawling suburb to me, so it's not like I prefer one over the other.
It's still more aesthetically pleasing than anywhere in Plano, especially at nighttime. You'd be paying more for a skyline view than a view of Plano that's for sure.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:49 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Let me know when you find an "urban bubble" in Plano.
I wish I could rep you for that. Best laugh I've had so far today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas