Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 08:49 AM

5,251 posts, read 6,340,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It's still more aesthetically pleasing than anywhere in Plano, especially at nighttime. You'd be paying more for a skyline view than a view of Plano that's for sure.
This building is going to be 25 stories tall and not out of place, so there is a skyline view developing in Plano. And as for whether or not the wealthy of Dallas are going to come to Plano, speaking as how they have ruined absolutely everything public in Dallas including downtown, all of which is being put back together by people who are mostly not-wealthy, I'm not sure the people of Plano want them there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 10:06 AM

19,501 posts, read 17,746,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
This building is going to be 25 stories tall and not out of place, so there is a skyline view developing in Plano. And as for whether or not the wealthy of Dallas are going to come to Plano, speaking as how they have ruined absolutely everything public in Dallas including downtown, all of which is being put back together by people who are mostly not-wealthy, I'm not sure the people of Plano want them there.
Dude!

Old 08-09-2017, 10:24 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,210,503 times
Legacy Corridor (west plano/frisco/the colony) is massive money. It's just NEW massive money. The highland/university park folks won't leave their area for it. But for new residents (From California, New York) or the newly paid DFW folks who are coming into major money then west plano could work. I don't think they are getting it for the views (because everyone knows the best terrain is downtown Dallas south and west) necessarily but for the future. That area as far as urban ventures go is in the top 10 in the country right now as far as investment capital. Toyota and a few other companies started it all and it hasnt stopped. I read a report recently that that area is supposed to employ more people than downtown Ft. Worth by 2019. So people who don't like hellish commutes are wise to live in that area if they already work there. At least until the new purple line get's connected with DART to DFW.

Site note Warren Buffets Grandscapes developement just west of Nebraska Furniture Mart is brilliant checked out the new Lava Cantina Music Venue over the weekend and was very impressed. s

Old 08-09-2017, 10:50 AM

390 posts, read 385,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTXman34 View Post
Well to do Dallasistes leaving Dallas FOR Plano? Not on this planet.

There's nothing aesthetically pleasing about Plano, particularly the Legacy area. At least in parts of Dallas, you can get a nice skyline view. Maybe if they built it around a lake or something. But Legacy?
Haha right?! I would never leave my nice high rise in Dallas for Legacy in Plano! No diss to Plano and I'll chill out there, but if I moved to Plano I would move into a big nice house.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:01 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,125,663 times
I don't know, I don't find living in high rise Dallas apartments and looking at other buildings as aesthetically pleasing. If given a choice between Legacy condos and homes, I would rather buy a luxury house with golf course, green belt or creek view in West Plano. However, for suburban condo life, Legacy West have a lot to offer and view of Nature Reserve of Arbor Hills would appeal to aesthetics of many buyers.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:10 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,125,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Let me know when you find an "urban bubble" in Plano.
You need to get out more often. A lot has happened on other side of the loop since Collin County became center of attention for corporate employers.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:22 AM

2,134 posts, read 2,097,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
Not entirely. Klyde Warren Park is a success. But unfortunately, it is us common people having to clean up their mess. And thankfully, their ilk is being voted out. With the death of the Trinity Tollroad, a new era begins.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:25 AM

5,683 posts, read 4,095,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
You need to get out more often. A lot has happened on other side of the loop since Collin County became center of attention for corporate employers.
I don't doubt that. But that isn't what "urban" means.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:41 AM

625 posts, read 1,948,760 times
Every thread that involves Dallas vs. the suburbs devolves into this - people from Dallas, who can't imagine why anyone would want to live in Plano, and then people from Plano, who claim Dallas is a mess and can't understand why anyone would want to live in Dallas.

This project is not about attracting people from Dallas to move to Plano - it's instead pointed towards the many millionaires that already live in Plano (quite more than a "few") and Frisco that have no need to go to Dallas. There are hundreds of million dollar homes between Plano, Frisco, Prosper, and McKinney. When the kids leave and the parents get old, maybe it doesn't make sense to stick in the 7,000 sq. foot house - condos like these make sense.

That being said, I find this project quite odd. Plano has a very nascent condo market, and I would have expected to see more luxury condos/townhomes in the 500-600k range before a project like this got off the ground. It seems very speculative at this point.

But for everyone from Dallas that disses the suburbs because it's not "urban", the people from New York/DC/San Francisco are pointing and laughing. Arguing about Dallas/Plano/Richardson/Frisco/McKinney is like arguing what shade of white paint is better.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:45 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,210,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpected View Post
Every thread that involves Dallas vs. the suburbs devolves into this - people from Dallas, who can't imagine why anyone would want to live in Plano, and then people from Plano, who claim Dallas is a mess and can't understand why anyone would want to live in Dallas.

This project is not about attracting people from Dallas to move to Plano - it's instead pointed towards the many millionaires that already live in Plano (quite more than a "few") and Frisco that have no need to go to Dallas. There are hundreds of million dollar homes between Plano, Frisco, Prosper, and McKinney. When the kids leave and the parents get old, maybe it doesn't make sense to stick in the 7,000 sq. foot house - condos like these make sense.

That being said, I find this project quite odd. Plano has a very nascent condo market, and I would have expected to see more luxury condos/townhomes in the 500-600k range before a project like this got off the ground. It seems very speculative at this point.

But for everyone from Dallas that disses the suburbs because it's not "urban", the people from New York/DC/San Francisco are pointing and laughing. Arguing about Dallas/Plano/Richardson/Frisco/McKinney is like arguing what shade of white paint is better.

Great Post! The northern suburbs are self sufficient at this point so agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas