Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 12:14 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
You aren't set up well enough for your age to meet the standards of women in your age group.

A paid for house and income enough to pay all my bills every month is not set up well?

Old 09-09-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Many areas of DFW do not have bus service at all: Grapevine and Arlington are two.
But I don't live in those areas, and I don't seek out women who live in those areas. And I understand women who live outside of the field of public transportation feeling that way as they would always be the ones having to come see me, but not the case if I could easily visit them also. when looking at dating profiles I know the areas in DFW I can and cannot get to.

Old 09-09-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeaTexan View Post

Now if you don't have a car because you're trying to reduce your carbon footprint or are athletic & prefer to bike everywhere when the weather's nice, that's a whole n'other ball of wax.
That is actually becoming part of it, yes I am going to get another car but I have decided to only drive it when I am going someplace I can't get to on my bike or via public transportation, (and work related of course) I notice I am always in better shape when between cars.
Below is from when I rode with critical mass last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L1uvchRZGU

Old 09-09-2017, 01:52 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
A paid for house and income enough to pay all my bills every month is not set up well?
Not necessarily.

Old 09-09-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Not necessarily.
You know I find that mentality weird, I have a friend who has a condo near downtown Dallas(walking distance from deep elum) with almost nothing in it, drives a Lexus, is out of shape, is about 7 years younger than me, looks 15 years older, makes a very good salary but is always broke, can't stay faithful to a woman to save his life. will blow a few hundred on a date or more taking a girl on a trip but will have to live on lunchmeat until next payday. but women view him as a catch and his phone is always blowing up from women who he had one night stands with weeks or months earlier trying to get with him. SMH.....

Now this is not jealousy because I do just as well or a little better in attracting women but he gets more offers of long term relationships than me even though he is way less stable. I have way more safety nets in my life than he does, he owns nothing if he was to ever get laid off he is screwed because rent would still be piling up and his car is not paid for so he could not even sell it to buy him some time., if I lost my job I still have a roof I could still pay my bills working at a temp service until I found something better because my home is paid for.

Old 09-09-2017, 04:24 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,748,248 times
Quote:
I've lived and traveled to many major cities, and while having a car may give you a leg up not having one is not the kiss of death (unless you live out of reach of public transportation). But here in DFW it seems most women tend to be a bit snobby in that area, not all but the vast majority atleast. and the few that don't seem to take issue with it are usually from somewhere else, one was from Boston, one was from NYC those 2 are dating friends of mine. hell even women who don't have cars themselves look down on guys who don't own one.

Now about me I actually do own a car it's just down at the moment, I am trying to sell it to get another one, the supped up engine in it is worth 6k and I'm only asking 2k for the whole car, since I work from home and do most of my shopping online I am in no rush and will wait as long as it takes to get the price I'm asking. I still get around as I live in the city. But when I meet women (mostly online but sometimes out in real life) things can be going great conversation flowing, attraction is going both ways etc etc.... but as soon as the conversation get's to my car situation I can see and hear the interest drain away. as if not having personal transportation at the moment makes me a loser, never mind the fact that I own my house, pay my own bills and have food in the fridge. All my basics are covered. sure I could put myself in debt by going out and buying a new car and adding an unwanted monthly payment to my life, but there is a reason I only deal in cash cars (cause when you finance a car "it not yours until the last payment"), if something happens between now and the date of the last payment, all that money is out the window.

That's why I stopped dating due to all of the expectations and demands of women. I am now focusing on my finances and health and working on getting out of credit card debt. I am excited to announce I will be paying off another credit card next friday with two more to go. None of this is possible for a man who is dating.

Old 09-09-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
So how are you supposed to date if you have no way to take her out? I certainly wouldn't accept a date from a guy if he had to get me there by public transportation.
Cab, Uber, Lyft, Zip Car.

Old 09-09-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
OP, it's responses like these that we can conclude in this thread that you have only 2 options if you want the car situation to not limit your dating options..

1) get a working car

2) move to a mass transit city like Chi or NYC. Women there aren't as stuck up about taking public transit.

In all honesty though, I have to agree with other posters here, you have a few other issues besides the car thing. But just strictly related to the car thing, those are your 2 options.

If you can't do those 2, then just keep looking. There are always better women out there.

Honestly you are not supposed to be on public transportation with a women. If you are not a driver then you should be with her in a cab or Uber/Lyft.

Old 09-09-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevehanrahan41 View Post
The more you say the worst it sounds OP. Lol. You don't have a vehicle and you've gotta be close to 50 years old. That's going to turn most women off no matter what the reason is for it.
But if he has his own house shouldn't that balance everything out?

Old 09-09-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
You guys keep saying that but buses go all over dallas and ft.worth, now in some small town outside of dfw I could understand, like if I lived in Hillsborough or Alvarado, or out in weatherford etc etc....
How come you can't catch a cab or uber?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas