Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2017, 07:17 AM

13 posts, read 11,638 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Is there any government website which can tell which city this address is serving (I know the address has the city but city services,mls# can point to different city ) ,What's the ISD and County ?

Looking for North Dallas.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 07:32 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,292,163 times
Based on your other post re; Little Elm/ Frisco, I believe you're looking for north OF Dallas, not North Dallas (an actual neighborhood in the city of Dallas south of 635.)

The county tax appraisal websites will have all the taxing jurisdiction info you are looking for. You can search by property address and see which city and ISD are collecting taxes:

dentoncad.com
collincad.org

As for which counties, the rough border between Collin County and Denton County in the Frisco area is the Dallas North Tollroad - east of the DNT is Collin County and west is Denton. If you're looking at a house really close to the DNT's west side and can't find it in Denton CAD, check Collin CAD as the toll road isn't a perfect divider.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:50 AM

1,399 posts, read 2,174,695 times
Yes, Little Elm will be Denton County. More than likely it will be city of Little Elm and Frisco ISD. The really confusing thing for some new people is when you get a tax bill "from" two counties even though you obviously only live in one. I'm in Frisco city limits, Frisco ISD, and Denton County. My county taxes come from Denton County but my other two come "from" Collin County (the envelope says Collin County Tax Assessor). Super confusing if you aren't from here.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Based on your other post re; Little Elm/ Frisco, I believe you're looking for north OF Dallas, not North Dallas (an actual neighborhood in the city of Dallas south of 635.)

The county tax appraisal websites will have all the taxing jurisdiction info you are looking for. You can search by property address and see which city and ISD are collecting taxes:

dentoncad.com
collincad.org

As for which counties, the rough border between Collin County and Denton County in the Frisco area is the Dallas North Tollroad - east of the DNT is Collin County and west is Denton. If you're looking at a house really close to the DNT's west side and can't find it in Denton CAD, check Collin CAD as the toll road isn't a perfect divider.

Yes this is in reference to my other post. Appreciate your response. Based on the websites I found below..

Taxing JurisdictionsG01 (DENTON COUNTY)S06 (FRISCO ISD)C13 (LITTLE ELM TOWN OF)Now my question is if the tax is collected by Denton and Little Elm Town then why the builder is giving me Frisco mailing address ?

Old 09-08-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwin View Post
Yes, Little Elm will be Denton County. More than likely it will be city of Little Elm and Frisco ISD. The really confusing thing for some new people is when you get a tax bill "from" two counties even though you obviously only live in one. I'm in Frisco city limits, Frisco ISD, and Denton County. My county taxes come from Denton County but my other two come "from" Collin County (the envelope says Collin County Tax Assessor). Super confusing if you aren't from here.

Agree this is super confusing..

Old 09-08-2017, 08:00 AM

1,399 posts, read 2,174,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken007 View Post
Yes this is in reference to my other post. Appreciate your response. Based on the websites I found below..

Taxing JurisdictionsG01 (DENTON COUNTY)S06 (FRISCO ISD)C13 (LITTLE ELM TOWN OF)Now my question is if the tax is collected by Denton and Little Elm Town then why the builder is giving me Frisco mailing address ?
Do you know which side of 423 it is on? I'm assuming west side, right? If so, I'm 99.9% sure that is Little Elm and should have a Little Elm address. My neighborhood is right next to another that is just east of 423 (that neighborhood backs up to 423) and they all have Little Elm addresses.

Is the house actually built yet? I'm wondering if they are trying to give it a Frisco address thinking they can get more money for it? Wouldn't the city be the one to assign house numbers and verify the actual city?

That being said, some friends of mine live just on the border between Keller and Fort Worth. If you plug their address in with either city listed, my GPS will find the house. I can also google their address with either city and I will get multiple realtor websites.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwin View Post
Do you know which side of 423 it is on? I'm assuming west side, right? If so, I'm 99.9% sure that is Little Elm and should have a Little Elm address. My neighborhood is right next to another that is just east of 423 (that neighborhood backs up to 423) and they all have Little Elm addresses.

Is the house actually built yet? I'm wondering if they are trying to give it a Frisco address thinking they can get more money for it? Wouldn't the city be the one to assign house numbers and verify the actual city?

That being said, some friends of mine live just on the border between Keller and Fort Worth. If you plug their address in with either city listed, my GPS will find the house. I can also google their address with either city and I will get multiple realtor websites.

So it is in between EL Dorado and Main. Builder is Meritage and community name is Cottonwood creek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas