Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 09:27 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,859,019 times

Advertisements

Are there any hotels on the Green Dart Line that would work for limited mobility persons? In other words, a hotel next to a station? Wife has already reserved a scooter for the fair but we would prefer to get a hotel next to a station so as to avoid driving and parking at the fairgrounds. We thought the Green Line would be best as there would be no transfer. It has been 40 years since we were at the fair and age has taken its toll. Advice is welcome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 09:47 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,295,536 times
Can't give you help on how accessible these hotels are, but these are hotels in close proximity to the Green Line stops downtown;

Ackard station- 2 blocks from the Magnolia & Adolphus, 1.5 blocks from Hilton Garden Inn

Pearl / Arts District Station- 1 block from Sheraton, 1/2 block from Marriott

West End Station - about 2 blocks from Homewood Suites & Crown Plaza.

The only hotel that *may* have direct access to a DART station is the Marriott.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:48 PM

92 posts, read 117,104 times
The Red Line has no transfer either, though I'm not aware of hotels that are within such a brief walk to the station.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:33 AM

385 posts, read 488,981 times
The Marriott is close enough. A very short walk.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:07 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,859,019 times
Thanks to all of you, I was wondering if there are any hotels that would be on the Green Line that would be out by the Stemmons FWY ( I-35E) that would be close to a DART station without a long walk? The downtown hotels would be one option but a bit pricey. Thanks again.

Old 09-12-2017, 08:54 AM

5,264 posts, read 6,404,424 times
It's not green line either, but there is a Renaissance Hotel on the red line at Galatyn Station, right outside the DART stop in Richardson.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:20 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,295,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
Thanks to all of you, I was wondering if there are any hotels that would be on the Green Line that would be out by the Stemmons FWY ( I-35E) that would be close to a DART station without a long walk? The downtown hotels would be one option but a bit pricey. Thanks again.
There are a lot of hotels in the market center but almost all of them are on the opposite side of 35 from the DART station. Looks like there is one Holiday Inn on Hary Hines by the station. Depending on when you're traveling, the market hotels can be just as expensive as downtown if market is in session.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:36 AM

551 posts, read 1,098,880 times
The easiest will be the Downtown hotels. The Green line runs right through downtown: All of these hotels would be easily walkable with wide sidewalks, ramps and cross walks.
Crown Plaza
Homewood Suits
Hilton Gardon
Sheraton Dallas
Dallas Marriot
Westin Dallas

These are close but like a block or so from the DART

Magnolia
The Adolphus
Hotel Indigo

There are also hotels out off Stemmons FWY (I-35E) that you mentioned but those are on the the Red Line which does not go to Fair Park. You would need to transfer at Pearl. That is really easy though and not the biggest issue. The biggest issue with that area is it's not very walkable. It may look like the station is close to a hotel. However, when you to actually get there you may have to go out the opposite side of the hotel from the DART then walk around large fenced parking lots, down service roads etc. That area is setup for cars not pedestrians.

Last edited by pharpe; 09-12-2017 at 09:50 AM..

Old 09-12-2017, 11:32 AM

422 posts, read 523,695 times
Just a heads up on some fair-related DART issues:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Train View Post
The Red Line has no transfer either...
During the Fair, the Red line route is typically altered so that there IS a transfer downtown, I believe at the Pearl/Arts District Station. Transfer is to the Green Line or to dedicated buses that go to the Fair.

More importantly, boarding a Green Line train downtown during the Fair can be very difficult, especially on the weekend. They can be so full that it is just not possible to get on, even for the fully mobile. So, if the Green Line is your plan, try to stay out further out so as to ensure seating for the full ride. Our approach is to use one of the Park & Ride lots further away from downtown: Walnut Hill Station or Bachman Station on a weekday. Further north on a weekend.

Lastly, if using Google Maps to locate hotels, be aware that they have the Green Line mapped incorrectly for part of the route. It shows as going to DFW...but it does NOT go to DFW (split occurs just north of Bachman Station).

You could also consider staying somewhere along the Orange Line and making the transfer at Bachman Station.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:05 PM

5,264 posts, read 6,404,424 times
Quote:
During the Fair, the Red line route is typically altered so that there IS a transfer downtown, I believe at the Pearl/Arts District Station. Transfer is to the Green Line or to dedicated buses that go to the Fair.
I don' t follow this. At all times, you have to exit the Red Line to go to Fair Park. The State Fair is no exception. The Red Line goes straight south to the zoo.

During the Fair, there are times when the Red Line goes all the way to Fair Park through the DART maintenance shop (on dedicated trains labelled Fair Park), but in my opinion it takes longer than transferring to the Green Line so there is no advantage other than not having to change trains. The Green/Red at the Pearl Station is the best transfer in DART in my opinion, trains are pretty regular in both directions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas