Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2017, 09:41 AM

4 posts, read 7,653 times

Advertisements

My friend lives in Windsong Ranch in Prosper and loves all of the planned events (concerts, wine tastings...) and social groups (book club, ladies night out...). Since she moved from out of state, it has really helped her establish a new social network. We will be moving from out of state as well and I am concerned about meeting people. I would love to move to a neighborhood that provides similar opportunities to meet neighbors and make new friends, however, we would like to live closer to my husband's job at Toyota. Can anyone suggest neighborhoods that have activities and social groups like Windsong Ranch, but within a 15 minute drive to the new Toyota headquarters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 10:56 AM

427 posts, read 494,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sac08 View Post
My friend lives in Windsong Ranch in Prosper and loves all of the planned events (concerts, wine tastings...) and social groups (book club, ladies night out...). Since she moved from out of state, it has really helped her establish a new social network. We will be moving from out of state as well and I am concerned about meeting people. I would love to move to a neighborhood that provides similar opportunities to meet neighbors and make new friends, however, we would like to live closer to my husband's job at Toyota. Can anyone suggest neighborhoods that have activities and social groups like Windsong Ranch, but within a 15 minute drive to the new Toyota headquarters?
I think there will be plenty. In our neighborhood we have some parties like Ladies night out, National night out, Easter event etc.
For work at Toyota, Allen can be one of the good options to consider. It's relatively small town feel with many family friendly activities organized by city also (library events, parks & recreation events etc.) There will be family events for Halloween, Independence day and for other major holidays. Very easy commute to Toyota (from West Allen, region between 121 and 75 intersection), central to all Collin County has to offer. I am sure big neighborhoods like Twin Creeks, Star Creek etc. in Allen will have many events like that. So, recommend to explore those options.

Last edited by DFWUser1; 10-26-2017 at 11:07 AM..

Old 10-26-2017, 11:12 AM

4 posts, read 4,349 times
I am in a similar situation! We are going to be looking at houses soon, were thinking Allen, Frisco, Prosper. Thanks for the tips on Allen neighborhoods. Any recommendations on Frisco?

Old 10-26-2017, 02:50 PM

4 posts, read 7,653 times
Thanks for the suggestions, DFWUser1! I will look into some of the Allen neighborhoods that you mentioned. So many of the community events are aimed towards families with young children. My kids are teens, so I am really looking for a neighborhood that provides social opportunities for adults.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:11 AM

1,449 posts, read 1,491,187 times
Savannah and Providence were designed for this. Much lower price point and style than Windsong Ranch. What price range do you want to be in?

Old 10-27-2017, 05:54 AM

554 posts, read 684,679 times
Deerfield in Plano is a great community with regular events during the year - including an awesome Oktoberfest It's right off Legacy between Ohio and Coit, so if it's in your price range, it would be a SUPER short commute... The neighborhood is pretty established, so while there are some young kiddos, many of the neighborhood events are geared towards adults (Oktoberfest is adults only!)

Old 10-27-2017, 05:56 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,178,617 times
Most residential communities have community events, even apartment complexes have many yearly events. In Plano subdivisions, I’m aware of yearly events at Lakeside, Avignon, Cypress Point, Willow bend Lakes, Preston wood, Deerfield, Shoal creek, Willow bend Polo, Normandy Estates, Kingsbridge, Gleaneagles etc. but any subdivision with an HOA would have some.

In fact, I recently attended a BBQ at a house in Shoal Creek area and it’s a really awesome neighborhood, lovely homes, huge trees and trails etc, all just few minutes walk from Legacy West.

Last edited by UnfairPark; 10-27-2017 at 06:08 AM..

Old 10-27-2017, 06:08 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,178,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterdragon8212 View Post
Deerfield in Plano is a great community with regular events during the year - including an awesome Oktoberfest It's right off Legacy between Ohio and Coit, so if it's in your price range, it would be a SUPER short commute... The neighborhood is pretty established, so while there are some young kiddos, many of the neighborhood events are geared towards adults (Oktoberfest is adults only!)
Deerfield HOA is really good at planning events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: