Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 09:42 PM

31 posts, read 175,710 times

Advertisements

Furthermore, if a dog bites anyone in the face -- why was the face in front of the dog??
Dogs dislike face front eye contact. Face front body language and eye-contact is aggression to a dogs.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:44 PM

31 posts, read 175,710 times
you follow tstone you are going to have a dog who is insane, will bite more, and will have absolutely no clue what you are expecting.
It's tstone's tactics that get dogs in trouble and get kids getting bitten.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:20 AM

2 posts, read 2,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeLaura View Post
Because every day I see people mistreating their dogs. Your post didn't indicate you'd done anything with the dog up until the point you decided to send him off to someone else to 'fix'. I absolutely support doing whatever it takes to ensure the dog and family are happy together.

Another reason is that Cesar Milan is not a dog *whisperer*, but a dog *shouter*. Aggression towards an aggressive dog makes it worse. He's been bitten hard enough to draw blood, which to me, is a really bad sign. Even worse, one of his own show producers sued him for animal abuse.

Your dog is probably being protective of your child, not randomly aggressive to kids. (Kids also look a lot like prey to some dogs, especially if they weren't socialized around kids. Our boy will bark when they make sudden movements (and when don't they?) but the girl is more laid back.)

Try these resources - Understanding Aggressive Behavior in Dogs (http://www.ddfl.org/behavior/dog-agg.pdf - broken link) and Nothing in Life is Free (http://www.ddfl.org/behavior/nilif.pdf - broken link)

Really? I'd like to see you back that up with proof. I'd say you probably know little or nothing about true dog aggression or how to deal with it.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:25 AM

2 posts, read 2,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
This is terribe advice! most trainers today DO NOT recommend the alpha roll. I have used BarkBusters (www.BarkBusters.com), a national company, with trainers who come to your home. It's expensive but guaranteed for the life of the dog. They will come back as often as necessary to work on problems. My first session was 2.5 hrs and I've had 3 or 4 touch-ups since then. I have an energetic pittie mix who just would not listen to me. I'm sure they are in the Dallas area. Using force to discipline a dog is counter-productive and makes the dog afraid of you. Use positive reinforcement at all times.
Most...trainers are not behaviorist and don't even deal with truly aggressive dogs so I'll have to disagree with you. And barkbusters throw bags with chains in them at your dogs. How is that "positive reinforcement"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas