Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 04:47 PM

28,564 posts, read 18,570,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
You think so? I'd have thought the opposite. Please don't take offense, but what are you basing your statement on? I'm genuinely curious...as someone who lives on the 75 corridor.
Expansion of home building in that direction with currently slightly lower prices and lower taxes--which means more room for appreciation even if nothing else changes (especially if nothing else changes). Apple putting in a plant less than 30 minutes away up 75.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 08:03 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,086,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Expansion of home building in that direction with currently slightly lower prices and lower taxes--which means more room for appreciation even if nothing else changes (especially if nothing else changes). Apple putting in a plant less than 30 minutes away up 75.
Got it, thanks! I didn't know about Apple building a plant around here. I don't follow Apple as a company (firm Samsung fan) but I'm kind of surprised I hadn't heard that before.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:12 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,086,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Got it, thanks! I didn't know about Apple building a plant around here. I don't follow Apple as a company (firm Samsung fan) but I'm kind of surprised I hadn't heard that before.

I believe he is referring to Finisar (an Apple supplier) and the planned facility in Sherman.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:49 AM

419 posts, read 549,018 times
The Frisco ISD issue is a little complicated. They passed the budget assuming the tax increase would be approved. It wasnt, so they didnt have the funds allocated to open the schools in 2017. Next year the budget was fixed and they are opening the 4 schools in 2018. Only a couple new schools are planned in the next 3-4 years. Nothing like it has been. That doesnt mean there wont be rezoning continuing as homes are built

Old 12-21-2017, 05:28 PM

480 posts, read 840,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
You will see the greater appreciation from the house on the Melissa end. Faster growth will continue northward along 75.
I tend to agree - one of the potential sites for the Amazon campus is right at the intersection of highways 75 and 121, and if Amazon doesn't go in there, they have other development plans for something as big as Richardson CityLine. Howard Hughes ponders prime property in Allen for huge mixed-use project | Real Estate | Dallas News

As well, Allen has several billion dollars' worth of development planned on the 121 corridor. I think price appreciation is never guaranteed, but McKinney seems likely to benefit from sheer proximity. The Future of Allen - The 121 Corridor

Place names aren't clear from the news, but they're only a few minutes down 121 from the 75. The Strand is being built at 121 and Alma by the same people who did Legacy West and The Star at Frisco, and Cornerstone Village will be at Custer and the 121.

Old 12-21-2017, 11:06 PM

427 posts, read 487,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterDude View Post
I tend to agree - one of the potential sites for the Amazon campus is right at the intersection of highways 75 and 121, and if Amazon doesn't go in there, they have other development plans for something as big as Richardson CityLine. Howard Hughes ponders prime property in Allen for huge mixed-use project | Real Estate | Dallas News

As well, Allen has several billion dollars' worth of development planned on the 121 corridor. I think price appreciation is never guaranteed, but McKinney seems likely to benefit from sheer proximity. The Future of Allen - The 121 Corridor

Place names aren't clear from the news, but they're only a few minutes down 121 from the 75. The Strand is being built at 121 and Alma by the same people who did Legacy West and The Star at Frisco, and Cornerstone Village will be at Custer and the 121.
Yes, a lot going on in Allen, especially at the intersection of 75 and 121. Next phase of growth happens around that place. And I would think (if economy continues to stay strong) the 75, 121 intersection area for Allen becomes another huge employment center, next to legacy corridor in Plano. Then areas around that place tend to develop, appreciate faster.

Last edited by DFWUser1; 12-21-2017 at 11:51 PM..

Old 12-22-2017, 08:02 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,121,948 times
This is good news if they find ways to accommodate increased traffic. East and central Plano will benefit immensly. I’ve been thinking of buying something on east side, most likely walking distance from Plano downtown or around Plano East High. This may help it appreciate even faster.

Old 12-22-2017, 09:42 AM

110 posts, read 167,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keribeth818 View Post
The Frisco ISD issue is a little complicated. They passed the budget assuming the tax increase would be approved. It wasnt, so they didnt have the funds allocated to open the schools in 2017. Next year the budget was fixed and they are opening the 4 schools in 2018. Only a couple new schools are planned in the next 3-4 years. Nothing like it has been. That doesnt mean there wont be rezoning continuing as homes are built

Yes but they'll still have to deal with overcrowding issues even after adding those schools. They have had to apply to the state for the last few years to bypass ratio rules. I'd stay away if I had the choice.

Old 12-25-2017, 12:51 AM

816 posts, read 912,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterDude View Post
I'm interested in this question too. In McKinney it seems you can be associated with Frisco ISD, Prosper ISD, apparently the Melissa ISD, or the McKinney ISD? I'm not sure which would be superior for home appreciation, but I'd love any insight that people might have.
There is also an area of McKinney north of the Sam Rayburn Tollway, south of McK Ranch Rd, and west of Lake Forest Drive that is zoned to Allen ISD. West of that is one of the areas zoned to Frisco.

Old 12-27-2017, 01:12 AM

1,282 posts, read 3,541,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
While the small school system is a draw for the district, it's also incredibly expensive to staff - ie, 7 high school principals vs 1-3 in Allen and Plano. 7 sets of school counselors and football coaches and theatre directors etc.
TC...good info as always. But just wanted to point out that Frisco is at 9 high schools now, not 7.. Well, actually it's 10, if you want to count Memorial that will be opening next year (it was one of the four schools they built but weren't able to open and run this year due to budget/ tax increase not passing).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas