Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 04:11 PM

964 posts, read 877,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Exactly. Some people just get off on trying to appear superior. All they show are their own insecurities.

Most of us know that those who are truly happy and wealthy rarely say a thing about it. And they definitely wouldn't be on C/D all day arguing about why the area around HP is too ghetto of all things. I have never bought into this guy's charade - he's just a troll.
Well you’re point is proven wrong. And you would be the troll since you always feel the need to respond to me. I never once asked you to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 04:41 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,579,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Don't participate any more.

This character has an agenda - I am not clear exactly what it is - and there's no value to be gained by feeding it.
Agreed. Thankfully the ignore feature works.

Old 01-03-2018, 04:50 PM

1,637 posts, read 4,105,295 times
Moderator Note: The personal attacks, bickering, and accusing one another of being "trolls" needs to stop. I've had to intervene and hand out "timeouts" as a result. The thread will remain open as long as the discussion returns to the original topic. Thanks.

Old 01-03-2018, 05:10 PM

343 posts, read 306,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyam11 View Post
A 2 bedroom shack in South Oak Cliff with 5 people with hearing gunshots as the norm would have been Disneyland to my wife. Drug houses across the street would have been a wonderful break from what my wife had to deal with on a daily basis. Burglar bars on houses? Again a luxury to her.

Did you have dirt floors as in the ground for the floor? My wife did.

Did soldiers come in, rape your elders, then slit their throat in front of you afterwards? Happened to my wife.

Did you try and leave your neighborhood and to leave it had to step on all the dead bodies to get across the fields so you knew where the landmines were? My wife did.

Did you have to catch rats to eat because there was no food? My wife did

Did you bathe in the same water you pooped in and drank the same water? My wife had to

GO ahead and watch the Killing Fields and then multiply that times about 3 (since they didn't show everything) and then let me know how tough it was in your roofed home.

Having said all that my wife still considers the area that I pointed out the ghetto. On the worst day of your life in the ghetto it would have been a dream day where my wife grew up.

You said you couldn't open windows? My wife had no windows. 5 to a house? Try 10 to a room. A 2 bedroom shack would have housed 20-25 people. How was your bed? My wife didn't know what a bed was until she came to this country.
Is your wife from Cambodia?

Old 02-26-2019, 10:38 AM

5,264 posts, read 6,404,424 times
The street I was talking was no closer to Love Field than the rest of the area, and not adjacent to the runway. The plane in your shot is over an elementary school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas