Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 08:56 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonie972 View Post
Sounds like you're the owner of this property.
You're wrong, she's not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 09:14 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonie972 View Post
Sounds like you're the owner of this property.
Nope, I'm not.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:28 AM

5,265 posts, read 6,405,851 times
Quote:
The tile above the bath? Again, awful. What it says to me as a buyer is "hey they got a good deal on this tile and put it EVERYWHERE without a second thought to whether it would look good".

Are my points overly picky? Maybe
Some of it maybe picky, but this complaint is not. They should have removed the stupid soffit above the tub as well. That bath won't work for anyone over 6 ft tall.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:34 AM

487 posts, read 467,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'd be OK with it.

Possibly; I've seen equally "cheap" flips all over west Richardson from Canyon Creek all the way to Richardson Heights.
Every person will have their wants and not wants when viewing. I thought the point was to figure out why the home isn't selling.

People here are mentioning other issues, step downs, cheap kitchen, blotchy flooring....for me it's skylights too.

Too many negatives in the home for the price. Empty houses are more difficult to sell. It looks boring IMO.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:35 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,103,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It was sold back in 2016 as an Investor Remodel As Is type property for $272. Someone bought it in a week and updated. They overestimated the market and listed for $525 16 months later in 2017. They are now "Motivated" and lowered the price by $90 which is probably where they should have started.
That's really the DFW housing market in a nutshell, though. A bunch of investors overpricing homes because there's a large influx of desperate, high income people moving in. No way is that house worth the $435k that it's at now, so it's DEFINITELY not worth $525k. That's just ridiculous.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:38 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,103,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoDeb View Post
Every person will have their wants and not wants when viewing. I thought the point was to figure out why the home isn't selling.

People here are mentioning other issues, step downs, cheap kitchen, blotchy flooring....for me it's skylights too.

Too many negatives in the home for the price. Empty houses are more difficult to sell. It looks boring IMO.
VERY boring, especially for the price tag. That drab, grayish paint all over the house does nothing to help it look less boring either. That's an easy fix, sure, but first impressions count when trying to sell a house, especially in a competitive market and at price point THAT high.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:45 AM

274 posts, read 855,513 times
Hard to say without seeing the house. When we were in the market to buy, we saw many homes that had beautiful cosmetic updates (almost all done on the cheap by flippers) and fantastic photos online, but when we saw them in person, the floor plan was bizarre or there were major foundation issues. In one home, the seemingly gorgeous master bedroom was a converted garage, and the only way to get into the house from the back driveway was to tromp through the master - terrible design. In several others, the brand new floors were visibly sloped. None of these issues were apparent from the listing or from driving by outside.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:59 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,240,557 times
Quote:
https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M71028-88521

This house has been on the market almost continuously for at least a couple of years now. Zillow & Dallas CAD data indicates that it changed hands at least once during that time period and it appears to have been remodeled inside in the interim, but the listing is 177 days old. The house is priced appropriately for its size & finish (at $153 a square foot), so who knows why it's failing to sell? It's not on a really busy road, though Northlake has more traffic than some of those streets since it doesn't dead-end, and Newberry (behind the house) takes you all the way to Arapaho...but it faces a little semi-circle of houses on pie-shaped lots and the neighborhood is hot, so who knows why this house has been stinking up the market for so long. It's had 2 owners since 2003 and the current owner does not live there.
Hmm. Cabinets look very cheap, one of the cabinet doors in the kitchen is even hung crooked.

I don't mind the step down area, lots of older homes have that. In fact, for my parents, their sunken living room doubled as a lake... when their kitchen sink burst a pipe, all the water ran from the sink to their living room and filled it up over night, it was about 4" high of water. Had they not had the sunken living room, that water would have spread and damaged just about every room in the house LOL!

I'd be concerned about having that large tree in the backyard so close to the house. Would probably be very expensive to have it removed.

No wow factor. In my opinion, they really needed to do something different in the kitchen, it doesn't look well planned. They couldn't put 42" cabinets due to the height restriction, so the cabinets they did put in don't quite reach the ceiling. At the least, they should have put some nice crown molding on top of the cabinets to extend the height.

There's nothing glaringly wrong with the home (except I'd be concerned by the proximity of that tree) but I also don't feel the price is justified. But I'm not familiar with the neighborhood and pricing there, I think they should probably be at $399k to get under a $400k budget cap some people may have.

Old 03-08-2018, 10:09 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Hmm. Cabinets look very cheap, one of the cabinet doors in the kitchen is even hung crooked.

No wow factor. In my opinion, they really needed to do something different in the kitchen, it doesn't look well planned. They couldn't put 42" cabinets due to the height restriction, so the cabinets they did put in don't quite reach the ceiling. At the least, they should have put some nice crown molding on top of the cabinets to extend the height.

There's nothing glaringly wrong with the home (except I'd be concerned by the proximity of that tree) but I also don't feel the price is justified. But I'm not familiar with the neighborhood and pricing there, I think they should probably be at $399k to get under a $400k budget cap some people may have.
The cabinets look cheap to me too. I'm guessing they are original and were just painted and given granite tops. One of my pet peeves is old/dated cabinets with generic granite slapped on top.

It also strikes me that 5 bedrooms with 2800 SF might mean the bedrooms are on the small side? Only one main living area? No pool?

Old 03-08-2018, 10:26 AM

165 posts, read 196,907 times
Quote:
https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M71028-88521

This house has been on the market almost continuously for at least a couple of years now. Zillow & Dallas CAD data indicates that it changed hands at least once during that time period and it appears to have been remodeled inside in the interim, but the listing is 177 days old. The house is priced appropriately for its size & finish (at $153 a square foot), so who knows why it's failing to sell? It's not on a really busy road, though Northlake has more traffic than some of those streets since it doesn't dead-end, and Newberry (behind the house) takes you all the way to Arapaho...but it faces a little semi-circle of houses on pie-shaped lots and the neighborhood is hot, so who knows why this house has been stinking up the market for so long. It's had 2 owners since 2003 and the current owner does not live there.
It's built in 1969.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: