Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 01:58 PM

5 posts, read 6,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KORJK81 View Post
Which parts did you go and which area did you like?
Near downtown, I looked at the Oak Lawn area - didn't like it at all. I really liked Lake Highlands, but the houses there that are in our price range are the smallest/;sat nice ones. I also checked out the M Streets and Lower Greenville - nice enough but I didn't love it in terms of the surrounding areas - although if we wanted to be near downtown I think it would be our best bet. But I'm thinking that based on rush hour commute times, areas nearer Coppell would probably work better - it seems that going to/from downtown from there is going against traffic (although i have to admit I don't really understand that - everywhere else I'm familiar with it's the other way around in terms of downtown/suburbs).

Out toward Coppell, I looked at Flower Mound, Coppell near its downtown, the northern part of Irvine, and Grapevine. My favorite by far was Grapevine - many thanks to the poster who suggested their historic downtown area! I really liked that part of town, but also a the area a couple of miles away that is near Oak Grove Park. Beautiful houses, easy access to the park and lakefront, and the downtown is great.

I'm still not sure we'll move at all - aside from considerations about the job I'd be taking, I'm still not 100% sold on the Dallas area, still thinking about it. But I really appreciate everyone's help and input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 09:41 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,357,555 times
Avoid I-45 south/Ellis County. If you want south, go to Waxahachie, Midlothian, but that assumes you don't have to commute to Dallas north of I-30. Waxhachie has very nice square. Granbury would be great but too far unless heading no further than Downtown Fort Worth. McKinney and Denton have great downtown squares as well but more congested areas than if you found housing south of downtown Dallas..

Old 02-12-2018, 02:11 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,579,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMB2012 View Post
I was in Dallas the last two days interviewing, and spent some time driving around to some different areas. It was interesting - not quite what I had expected. Thank you all for your help!
It seems like you had the typical misconception of Texas in your mind. And, honestly, it doesn’t sound like you’re really going to find what you’re looking for in Dallas -or any major TX city.

And then let’s talk about July and August.

Unless the job is a significant career bump, you’re probably better off staying there.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:06 AM

776 posts, read 1,063,184 times
Easy - Coppell or Grapevine - Both offer it. Both you can get nice homes on decent lots. May have to update some but both are wonderful areas with several accessible commuting options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas