Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 07:48 PM

68 posts, read 233,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGAKATS View Post
Which area in the metroplex is the best to live when you have to commute into downtown Dallas?

My concerns would be safety, school systems, amenities, and commute times. I've heard some horror stories about commuting from the northern suburbs. How are the eastern and southern burbs?

Thx
You might want to look at Sunnyvale. Bigger lots, good schools, and close to Rockwall for shopping. It is still an up and coming community and homes seem to be selling like hotcakes there. I was told 20 minutes from downtown Dallas, but I would want to drive it during rush hour before I bought a home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 08:42 AM

30 posts, read 137,860 times
What about the Firewheel section of Garland? Anyone have any info on that area?

Thx

Old 03-27-2008, 11:39 AM

6,820 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Firewheel is certainly a very nice area and they have great shopping also. It certainly should be added to the list.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:13 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGAKATS View Post
What about the Firewheel section of Garland? Anyone have any info on that area?

Thx
I'm in Firewheel. LOVE IT! Schools are very good and the GISD does offer some great magnet programs. I have a child in each (magnet and neighborhood schools). It is EASY to get to just about anywhere in the metroplex yet not being right smack in the middle of tons of congestion. Getting to downtown from here is not bad at all. 190 to 75 or if you want on over to the Dallas North Tollway. Coming home once you get off of 75 onto 190 you will see a DRASTIC drop in traffic . I can leave our house at 7 in the morning and be going thru security at DFW Airport and that is parking at the Park N Fly and riding the shuttle over in an hour door to door EASY. Without traffic to get downtown it is a PIECE OF CAKE as we do it in rush hour to get to the Stars games and it usually takes 30 minutes from the time we pull out of the drive and pull into the parking lot at the AAC.

Houses in this area that are good sell FAST! The only ones that sit on the market do so no matter how low the sellers drop the price IF it has not been updated and is in bad shape. Brass fixtures, tons of wallpaper, bad carpet and paint jobs, etc.... those houses sit. A house in great shape can list for top dollar and be sold in no time and at list or close.

If you golf the courses here are FABULOUS from what I've been told. I don't golf Probably should take it up as my husband and kids all play. TONS of great shopping and dining available right here w/o having to fit the masses in other areas of the metroplex. Want to go somewhere else in Dallas to eat it is NOT a problem as we can be to Lakewood in 20 minutes straight down Garland Ave. Oh, during Christmas one Friday about 6:00 pm we left NorthPark and 75 was at a standstill all the way up into Allen from what the traffic reports were saying. We took the side streets and made it home in 30 minutes. You have other options available that are easy to use to get around Dallas besides the highways if they are backed up.

If you have any questions about the area please feel free to ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas