Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 01:29 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times

Advertisements

Well we do have a better (and international) airport -- and we have Love Field, too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 01:36 PM

155 posts, read 558,730 times
lmao...what is a love field?

Old 03-26-2008, 01:43 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,255,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corruption View Post
lmao...what is a love field?
You made my day!!! I never thought of it that way, Lovefield is an airport (smaller than the international one) in Dallas.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Old 03-26-2008, 01:46 PM

oh...lmao...well it sounded like some place like Lover's Lane or something...I need something other than airports...lol. I'm not going to be doing much travelling, maybe on the train...you got Amtrak?

I need entertainment...how many DDR machines you got?

Old 03-26-2008, 03:03 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Dallas has far more entertainment than Austin. If you live in Dallas you can enjoy all the fun there.

Twice a year Austin has music festivles. You could drive down to Austin and attend those. 6th street is tons of fun on Halloween and probably on other holidays too. Other than that Austin is lame.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Dallas has far more entertainment than Austin. If you live in Dallas you can enjoy all the fun there.

Twice a year Austin has music festivles. You could drive down to Austin and attend those. 6th street is tons of fun on Halloween and probably on other holidays too. Other than that Austin is lame.
You're not just being biased are you?

Old 03-26-2008, 03:20 PM

76 posts, read 262,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corruption View Post
You're not just being biased are you?
He's not being biased, he's just explaining how awesome Dallas is compared to Austin, which isn't awesome like Dallas.

Now THAT was biased

Old 03-26-2008, 08:19 PM

2 posts, read 6,982 times
I have lived in Dallas my whole life and think its great, but i really love Austin. Personally, I would recommend going wherever you have the best job opportunity. On that note, I came across your post doing some research for my Moderator cut: fee free to DM this info to the member

Last edited by da jammer; 03-26-2008 at 08:31 PM..

Old 03-26-2008, 08:49 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Well we do have a better (and international) airport -- and we have Love Field, too!
Yes, we do have a MUCH better INTERNATIONAL Airport w/ DFW. Love Field is also great. Yep, it is an airport. Once was a military airport and then it was the only airport we had till Dallas and Ft Worth got together to build DFW. Love Field shutdown in the agreement as did Meachem in Ft Worth. Love Field FINALLY opened back up w/ the Wright Amendment (which is going the way of history, YIPPIE!!!!). Southwest only flies out of Love here in Dallas. American has tried to shut it down and run off every airline that tries to operate out of Love (soooo miss Legend ). They FINALLY got beat and Love is here to stay ! If you live in Austin and want to fly to any place outside of Texas by air you practically MUST go thru DFW. So when it comes to traveling all over the globe Dallas wins EASILY! Guess you could say that is a "hint" that us Dallasites are more "open minded" as we DO LOVE to travel all over the world. Not to get too far off topic but from what I've read on these forums and in meeting people in my travels us Texans and Dallasites DO tend to travel a LOT more for pleasure to other states and countries than folks in places like California, New York, NJ, etc. Your more apt to find a Texan or Dallasite that has been to those places than you are someone from there ever being to Texas.

Love Field a field of Love............... hehehehehee. That's good.

As for entertainment when it comes to local festivals and such your going to find more in the Dallas metroplex than you will in Austin. If your into SXSW which happens in March every year down in Austin it is no big deal to travel down there for it. But the rest of the year especially in the Spring and Summer here in the Metroplex you can keep yourself busy w/ all kinds of stuff. There is something for everyone here in the Big D and not just for those into music. Which Dallas does have a great music scene.

Yes, we have Amtrak.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:53 PM

76 posts, read 262,781 times
No one else is going to mention the State Fair specifically?

C'mon! It has big tex, and corn dogs, and 20 dollar in ground parking, and corn dogs, and games, and I pretty much go for the corn dogs, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas