U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 02:54 AM

7 posts, read 36,420 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend, and I are starting to look at rental properties in the Plano, Richardson, Wylie, Mckinney, Far North Dallas, Allen type areas. When I search I can only find homes in our price range in the less desirable areas. Anyone know of any moderately prices rental homes in these area? Any help would be appreciated
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 06:17 AM

150 posts, read 821,567 times
I'm, not sure what you mean by "moderately priced" but in McKinney you're going to have to pay $1000 to get a home in a desireable neighborhood with $1200 probably more likely for something in West McKinney and more the further west you go. You can find homes for rent in the $700-$900 range in McKinney and while the areas may look less than desireable, there are some areas undergoing revitalization so the neighborhood will probably become more desireable. There are some nice homes east of Hwy 5 but you're going to hear that these areas are the higher crime sites. While that might be true to a point, there are pockets of homeowners who take pride in their neighborhood and work hard to maintain a safe enviroment for their families. I have friends who live on Pearson Street near Hwy 5. The neighborhood is older and there are a lot of rental homes in that area. They have been there about 4 years and have formed good relationships with the neighbors so it is now more like an extended family. It helps that the wife speaks Spanish.

A friend living in public housing here in McKinney says, "grow where you're planted, it's not where you live it's how you live". If you see a house that you really like and it's in your price range, stop and talk to the neighbors. You'll get a better feel for the neighborhood and can then judge for yourself if it's the right move.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:19 AM

5,174 posts, read 12,410,611 times
"A friend living in public housing here in McKinney says, "grow where you're planted, it's not where you live it's how you live". If you see a house that you really like and it's in your price range, stop and talk to the neighbors. You'll get a better feel for the neighborhood and can then judge for yourself if it's the right move."

Kudo's to you because those are very wise words.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:39 PM

Blah, I am home from work today, and have been looking. NO, luck yet. I mean i know we aren't looking to move for a while. I am just trying to get an idea of what we are up against.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:37 PM

Wow. You guys aren't much help:P Anyone know of some good websites to check out atleast?

Old 03-26-2008, 06:52 PM

150 posts, read 821,567 times
You've probably already tried these but:
Rentalhouses.com
Yahoo (typed in McKinney Texas rentals) brings up apts but also some nice homes
Star Community Newspapers (http://www.scntx.com/admarket/house_rentals/ - broken link) (local newspaper)
McKinney Real Estate | Collin County Real Estate | McKinney Homes (will have some rental properties)
Homes for rent in McKinney, TX | Apartment rentals in McKinney | ForLeaseByOwner.com | McKinney Texas
dallas / fort worth apts/housing for rent classifieds - craigslist

You might also pick up a Penny Saver or Green Sheet and there is always a stack of real estate booklets at my Albertson's.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:35 PM

1,294 posts, read 6,236,631 times
We found our rental house on Craig's List. Good luck - it's not easy!

Old 03-27-2008, 02:04 AM

Yeah, I have been looking a lot on Craigslist. It is hard to sort it out though because of all the apartments that come up even when you keyword HOUSE in the title.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:57 AM

482 posts, read 869,592 times
Diamond Sea, try the Las Colinas and Valley Ranch sections of Irving.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:42 PM

AWw someone took down the most informative reply I have had I suppose it was advertising of some sort?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas