Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 01:29 PM

222 posts, read 279,489 times

Advertisements

It's not cookie cutter like the north suburbs, industrial and torn apart due to construction like Irving, or spaced out and boring like the south burbs.

It has the perfect blend of diversity, entertainment, density and the best food in DFW outside of Dallas itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 01:41 PM

2,992 posts, read 3,077,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAX_ View Post
the best food in DFW outside of Dallas itself.
I'd give that title to Richardson, personally.

Old 04-23-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Luthor View Post
I'd give that title to Richardson, personally.
What are some of your favorite places to eat in Richardson and what food do they specialize in

Old 04-23-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
What are some of your favorite places to eat in Richardson and what food do they specialize in
All types of ethnic foods can be found in Richardson, from African, to different types of Asian, and especially different types of Mediterranean.

My favorite restaurant in Richardson is probably Addis Abeda Ethiopian restaurant, over in the plaza across from Alamo Drafthouse. I have Ethiopian family members and this place is LEGIT!!! Some of the best Ethiopian food I have had anywhere in America, including the D.C. area.

My wife and I both love Mumtaz Indian restaurant in Richardson, too. They have an awesome lunch buffet and arguably the best Indian food in DFW (which is REALLY saying something with all the Indians here), at least to me.

Also, while not exactly ethnic, Wing Bucket in Richardson is also really good. Best wings and tenders in DFW, hands down, and the largest selection of sauces and flavors available, too.

Old 04-23-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Luthor View Post
All types of ethnic foods can be found in Richardson, from African, to different types of Asian, and especially different types of Mediterranean.

My favorite restaurant in Richardson is probably Addis Abeda Ethiopian restaurant, over in the plaza across from Alamo Drafthouse.

My wife and I both love Mumtaz Indian restaurant in Richardson, too. They have an awesome lunch buffet and arguably the best Indian food in DFW (which is REALLY saying something with all the Indians here), at least to me.

Also, while not exactly ethnic, Wing Bucket in Richardson is also really good.
Thanks I'll be trying those soon.

Mesquite has a really good Jamaican restaurant called 'Jamaican Cook Shop' right off 635 exit 4

Athenos Greek Cafe is great too. It's by amc30

Old 04-23-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Thanks I'll be trying those soon.

Mesquite has a really good Jamaican restaurant called 'Jamaican Cook Shop' right off 635 exit 4

Athenos Greek Cafe is great too. It's by amc30
I will try those, so thanks for your recommendations.

There used to be a REALLY good Jamaican restaurant in Richardson called Jamaica Cabana, but I believe it is closed now. Their prices were quite a bit higher than most of the other Jamaican restaurants around DFW (which is probably what did them in), but they were also easily one of the best Jamaican restaurants taste wise in DFW. Well worth the extra money.

Old 04-23-2018, 02:48 PM

11,819 posts, read 26,736,591 times
Afrah is my favorite middle eastern restaurant in DFW. It’s in Richardson on Belt Line.

I grew up in Mesquite, but left in 1993.

Old 04-23-2018, 03:27 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,142,922 times
Mesquite isn't my favourite cup of tea but I do enjoy Addis Abeda and not only us locals but even Guy Fieri raves about Afrah's food.

Even though generic urban snobs look down upon suburban eatries but all unbiased foodies know how much culinary wealth we have here in DFW's suburbia.

Old 04-23-2018, 04:23 PM

Yes, Afrah is really good. Can't believe I forgot to mention it.

Old 04-23-2018, 04:36 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,195,950 times
I think you're the only person I've ever seen on this board say that they like Mesquite better than any other suburb in the DFW area.

As far as entertainment, diversity, dining, etc... I guess we'll just agree to disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas