Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2006, 05:01 PM

22 posts, read 112,648 times

Advertisements

Moving to Carrollton and am looking for an apartment in the area. I am looking for a top scale newer property near shopping, grocery, etc.. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2006, 05:27 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Not Carrollton. Sorry but there are no "upscale" apartments in Carrollton. At least in the most common use of the word "upscale". If you want as close to Carrollton as possible then look in FAR north Carrollton, more Lewisville, Addison, Las Colinas, Valley Ranch. Those areas are going to have more apartments that fall under the "upscale" description and not as many that are government subsidized. Years (and I mean YEARS) ago there were some apartments that were rather nice in Carrollton but too many started accepting gov't assisstance. Fortunately some of the single family housing areas are starting to turn around but it will be awhile before the apartments do that.

Old 12-11-2006, 06:18 PM
smh

53 posts, read 280,745 times
Check out Austin Ranch. I'm not sure if it's technically in Carrollton, The Colony, or Plano, but it fits your other requirements. Lovely setting, upper-end apartments/condos, only a mile or two to the Tollway, grocery stores, hospitals, shopping, etc. In Austin Ranch itself, some of the buildings have ground floor restaurants, services, shops, etc. with apartments on top. The houses bordering it are 500K+.

Also, there are a couple of apartment complexes off of Hebron Rd. between the 121 bypass and I35 that look very upscale. Not sure if they're in Carrollton or over the line into Lewisville. Still, very upscale looking and very close to shopping (Vista Ridge Mall), restaurants, etc.

Both of these places fall into the FAR north Carrollton area that momof2 suggested. She's right on the other points as well - there are a lot of subsidized apartments in Carrollton.

Las Colinas and Valley Ranch would be a bit of a drive from Carrollton, but lots of upscale apartments there. You might check out west Plano also.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:17 AM

Just be VERY careful of the apartments that are in the Marsh/Frankford/Rosemeade and Midway/Rosemeade areas. These used to be good apartments but they have seen a LARGE influx of people from Katrina and the crime has increased dramatically.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:04 PM

1,197 posts, read 3,582,633 times
Default Apartments in Carrollton

I would agree with the previous posts.. Carrollton is a big housing, apt. area but the city has gone downhill over the past few years. I was born/raised there and could suggest something north of Hebron Rd. toward Hwy 121. Try Austin Ranch.. The Tallows were a great apt. complex for a while but it's probably going downhill as well; down toward the Frankford/Old Denton Rd. area. My dad still lives in the Woodgate subdivision and he's seen the city go downhill bigtime. Thankfully that area is still in somewhat good shape, though.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:13 PM

UNT Eagle, what were your high school colors? Wonder if I know you? Former green & gold here from a LONG time ago. Then to Denton I went.

Yep, Woodbridge is still okay but that is about it in Carrollton. My parents could not even get the police to come out on the two boys shooting a lethal bow and arrow across the alley the other day. Not until they hurt someone according to the CPD. Some things never change.

Old 12-15-2006, 08:14 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,867 times
Borders on Dallas and Carrollton, check out the Gardens At Vail off of Vail St. located between Frankford and Trinity Mills. They were built in 2001. Across the street from them are some more new apartments that may suit your needs. Feel free to PM me for additional info on this area.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:47 PM

22 posts, read 112,648 times
Thanks very much for all the replies; it has been very helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas