Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 08:41 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,437,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NP78 View Post
Disagree here. I am not an expert on the Plano housing market, but a quick search shows tons of homes under 300k. All within Plano ISD and many of them quite nice.
Neither one of us is a real estate expert so let’s ask the experts on this board. Maybe one of the realtors can chime in and say who is right, me or NP78?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 07:32 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,233,863 times
I can tell you that a friend of mine recently bought a home in 75023, house was listed at $340k, they got it for $320k due to needed updates, it's a 4/2. There's enough inventory on the market now that a buyer should expect to pay full price or close to it, but it shouldn't be much of an issue to find a home listed for $289k or so, and be able to get it for that price or up to $300k.

What matters is that $300k is enough to buy in Central Plano and give the OP an excellent school district and the shortest commute. Houses that are great deals will get snapped up quickly, sure. But I think they will be able to find something they like within their price range.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:07 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
I decided against living in Allen because the high school is huge and I didn't want my kids in a school that big. I live in Plano but wouldn't recommend that much, either. Although it is more affordable to live here and the high schools are not as big as Allen.

Richardson has some beautiful parks.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:17 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,170,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post

Richardson has some beautiful parks.
They do but so does Plano. On top of my head Bob Woodruff, Arbor Hills, Haggard, Oak Point, Hoblitzelle etc.

https://www.plano.gov/405/Parks-Trails

Old 06-04-2018, 08:27 AM

8 posts, read 11,406 times
Thanks again all for your view points...so much food for thought.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:29 AM

8 posts, read 11,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoGirl View Post
There are good options in all three cities (Allen, Plano, Richardson), so I'd check out all three and see what speaks to you.

As far a kindergarten, you CAN test into kindergarten early, but your child has to perform at a 3rd grade level (across the board) to make it in. So it is VERY difficult. Looking into a transitional Kindergarten program (available at many private preschools) is probably the best route for you.

Kindergarten Acceleration is to skip Kinder and go straight to 1st grade. So, it wouldn't be an option for you this coming school year (as age-wise, your child won't even qualify for Kinder yet), but you could try it the following year, if you wanted your child to go straight to 1st grade.

Thanks for this response re: Kindergarten Acceleration. Definitely good to know. Although he is very much advanced currently, he is definitely not at 3rd grade level. Will find out more about transitional Kindergarten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: